cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueBell222
Message 21 of 37

Re: IS anyone in BT addressing the email problem today?

We've had the exact same problem since Friday (4 days now), cannot access emails at all and it gets stuck in the loop you've described (2jay). I don't usually post on forums but not sure how else to makes our voice heard, it's impossible to get through to them on the phone.

I understand the points from others where the email is not the specific service we're paying for, though from my point of view it is part of the service. Problems and technical hitches happen, but it's how they're dealt with which matters and the communication, management of the problem and timescale seems quite poor on BT's part.

lancaster1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 37

I want to swap provider to think I will contact Trading Standards and check possibility of ending contract as provision of acceptable service is not being given.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 37

@lancaster1 wrote:

I want to swap provider to think I will contact Trading Standards and check possibility of ending contract as provision of acceptable service is not being given.

You want get far with that as email is not classed as part of your contract. It is classed as a "value added service" which does not form part of the contract and does not need to be provided.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
hjc68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 37

Hi,
Is there any update on how long this issue may take to fix, I know that may be a "how long is a piece of string question" but obviously everyone is getting rather fed up now, we all know how important email is to everyone and not having any access what so ever is not good,
And do we know once the issue is fixed that everyone affected will have normal service resumed.

I don't want to rant, "I feel I want too" but know it won't get us anywhere, but we do need regular update postings to make sure that we know whats happening ......,.,..
Stu_H
Contributor
Message 25 of 37

Mines up and running now with 2 emails apologising from BT. however all my emails from the last few days are missing.
It's as if Penrod "Penry" Pooch the janitor has pressed the reset switch.
0 Ratings
hjc68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 37

I'm still down 😞
0 Ratings
BlueBell222
Message 27 of 37

Our email is now working, seems very slow and a little 'buggy' though at the moment, hopefully this will resolve over the next couple of days. Some emails have come through from the last few days, though quite a few haven't which family had sent (unfortunately have received a few spam ones as well). We did recieve an apology email from BT stating they were sorry email was not accessable during Sunday 13th, though like many others I couldn't access our account since Friday 11th. 

Let's hope it's all getting resolved for everyone now

0 Ratings
Halkidiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 37

I'm still down too. My other half has returned home and he didn't delete his Yahoo account as instructed so is still able to receive and send. Wish I hadn't followed BT's instructions now. There a good idea for you BT - next time you switch customers from one type of service to another, let them stay connected to the original service for at least 3 months after switchover date, to make sure all is well with the new service. In the meantime, for the rest of us, we'll keep on checking our various machines for signs of email life.
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 37

What Halkidiki says is a good idea. My original ISP was Pipex but I changes to BT some years ago. However, I retained my Pipex e-mail account (I didn't ask for it - it kind of just stayed with me) and still use it as a "semi-disposable" address - but in the current climate that is the BT e-mail fiasco I'm mighty glad that it still works - and it has for the last 6 or so years WITHOUT A GLITCH. Are you listening BT?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
hjc68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 37

Just had access to email account , no emails apart from apology to customer from bt... however cannot login on bt website to my bt or email as soon as you click one of them it takes you straight to the page before migration asking you to create a username,!!

Whats the way around this then, is there another web address to jump this page,..
0 Ratings