Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david1979
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Import Premium Email accounts

Go to solution

Hi Email team, Could you please help confirm how I import two premium email accounts into my new BT package so I can stop the £7.50 charge ?  I've read several posts which indicate this isn't that straightforward .. with plenty of issues raised with 2nd or 3rd level support.. I have one primary address and a secondary email account that I assume hangs off the primary. I've been advised by Premium Email phone support to set up an email account to import .. this is the first problem as I need to set up using the same name ? but is states 'new' email  - my concern here is that I might create a new email address that messes up my current premium account ..  I'm looking at My BT, Your Products, Manage Email, Create an Email for yourself - we'll add this to your ID .. , if I move the primary address how do I then move the secondary  ? Once complete assume the payments cease automatically ? Is this something that the BT Premium Email team would be able to complete for me ?  Thanks in advance for advice .. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Import Premium Email accounts

Go to solution

To add your BT Premium email account to your current BT Broadband package you will have to log onto your MyBT and set up at least one email address for that broadband account. You do not need to set it up using the same name, in fact it is impossible to do that.

Once you have set up an email account on your BT Broadband package this will allow you to transfer your BT Premium email accounts to the BT Broadband account.

You will have to transfer all your email addresses individually.

It should automatically stop the BT Premium Email fee being taken but you should check your account to be sure.

See links and sub links how to do the above.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/account-set-up/how-do-i-create-and-activate-a-new...

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-account...

david1979
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi D Sage,

thank you for the prompt response, it’s starting to make sense now.. one issue I may have is that I renewed my previous bb / tv package today that begins 05/05, should I wait until then to perform the import ? I.e .. would there be an issue where my imported accounts fell into a gap created by the recent renewal ?  

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

When you say you have "renewed my previous broadband package"  I thought you are not "renewing" a package you currently have but instead you are presently not a BT Broadband customer and you are taking out a new BT Broadband package.

If that is the case and you can log onto your new BT Broadband package and set up an email account now there would be no reason to wait.

There will be no email addresses associated with this new BT Broadband package so if you can not set up a new email account prior to 05/05 you will not be able to do anything so your BT Premium email accounts won't fall into any gaps.

0 Ratings
david1979
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Yes I have an existing bt tv and bb deal  which is now at the end of a 24 month contract so are you saying I can start the import process with the current access to my bt ?
The new order doesn’t kick in until 05/05 so can’t currently log into the ‘new’ broadband package .. Thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Yes. If you already have a BT Broadband package you could have imported your BT Premium email accounts at any time since that package started and you still can. When you renew your contract, assuming you are renewing like for like it is purely a billing issue and nothing else will change.

0 Ratings
david1979
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi D Sage  -many thanks , I've just imported the two live email accounts into my broadband account .. , a little concerned that during the process a message stated you are moving to standard broadband email 'without adverts' yet my 'we've moved your email' confirmation email message states .. 'here's what's changed  - you'll see adverts' .. 

I looked at the different email categories and it seems there are three .. 1) Standard broadband  - no adverts 2) Premium  - no adverts for those without an account who pay 3) Basic  - with adverts for those without an account who choose not to pay ..   hopefully I'll remain in the first category without ads .. and the 'we've moved your email address' email is incorrect .. ? 

I'll also call billing ref paying for premium for 24 months .. but assume I'll be informed that I was provided with an option to change at the time .. 

anyway, appreciate your technical help  - thanks again

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I would imagine you will not get a credit for your two years of paying for Premium email because as you have said, you could have moved them onto your "new" broadband account albeit you were unaware of that at that time.

Both your email accounts should be the Standard account because they are part of your broadband account and they will be count as two of your 11 free email addresses that your broadband account has.

Once the move has been completed, if you log onto your MyBT and go to Your Products > EMail > Manage, I think it should show you both email accounts and what status they are.

You should also make sure that they are showing as Active.

0 Ratings
david1979
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Yes you are probably right about the billing point. The  import Is all good now .. many thanks 

0 Ratings
davelbro
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks very much for your advice.   The Premium Account seems to have been removed after importing the two email addresses, so I assume the account will be cancelled.

0 Ratings