cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petewalburn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Impossible to set up BT Premium Mail

I have seen posts about this issue before.  Hopefully, this can be resolved.  I have recently (last week) moved my broadband and phone from BT to PlusNet.  I was informed that I could move to BT Premium Mail in order to keep my existing BTopenworld.com and BTinternet.com emails.  I am unable to do this from the website as the resulting pages always say there is an error.  I have been in contact with the support team (0808 100 6778) multiple times, have been called back and given control of my PC to them.  This has resulted in exactly the same error messages that I see when I try it myself.  I can't see why this is so difficult - I arranged a callback for 2 days last week and these went ahead with the same results.  Then I was supposed to be called back yesterday evening and this never happened.  I called support again this morning and was supposed to be called back between 10am and 11am this morning. It does not look like this call is going to happen either!   What can I do to keep my BT email addresses?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Impossible to set up BT Premium Mail

First of all, if asked again, do NOT under any circumstances allow them to access your PC. Moving to Premium Mail is just a billing excercise, nothing physically changes.

Secondly, I have asked if one of the mods can help.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 17

Hi @petewalburn Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you are getting an error when trying to set up Premium Mail. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will help you with this. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 17

This is a serious request now.
Why does the help desk want remote access?
You really need to find out this information and get it stopped immediately.
This should never ever be allowed, and could put users at risk.
Come on BT, get this appalling behaviour ceased.
Kevin37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Rather than starting a new thread on the same subject, I posted yesterday on an existing thread that I was having exactly the same problem.  @Andy_N posted a similar reply about not allowing remote access; while I am grateful for the advice - I am still at a loss on what to do next!  The help desk were supposed to ring back yesterday - but didn't.  Appreciate advice on whether I should wait until a moderator is able to investigate or to try escalating the issue within the BT customer services team. 

Thanks

Kevin

0 Ratings
petewalburn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

I'm not totally sure.  I have been called back again yesterday.  They wanted to take control of my PC again.  I said no (as I have been advised here).  I followed the steps that the advisor would have used and the web-page did not exist.  He insisted that my email would continue to work and that I should not worry, but I have absolutely no confidence in this.  They are supposed to be calling me back today.   hen I log onto the website I see a message saying that my email access will stop on 08/06/2019, so I don't think that anything has been changed to stop this from happening!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

@petewalburn  Did you contact the mods as invited in message 3? If so, do nothing until they contact you.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

@Kevin37  I have notified the mods of your problem they will post an invite on this thread.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 17

Hi @Kevin37  and welcome.

Thanks for posting about your Premium Mail problem. I can appreciate how annoying this has been for you. I'm sure I'll be able to sort this out. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.

Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
petewalburn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Yes, I contacted them. Then gave them more information that they asked for. Now awaiting further action.
0 Ratings