cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 21 of 34

Re: Impossible to set up BT internet on iPhone or iPad

Go to solution

My past experience with BT call centres has been pretty awful. Was it easy enough for them to do this? Didn't take multiple hours on the phone being passed from caller to caller?

Morgan

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution

Hi

I wonder if you could help me.

I have a problem with logging in that may be down syncronisation. My BT account and BTemail passwords are the same but they have been different in the past.

Incoming server port is 993 on SSL

Outgoing server port is 465 on SSL

I can currently log into my BT email on the web. My iphone has accepted btinternet emails (until recently when I changed the password) but not my imac or my windows 10 machine. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

Hi. I too am having the same issue. Old iPad still accepting bt address emails but new iPad won’t. I think reading this thread I have the same problems. Please can someone help.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

My problem was solved by persuading BT to rest the password for my email account at their end and then applying it to all my  (Apple) devices.

I think its an apple issue

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution
Thanks for that. I will call them
Again tomorrow. I have spent hours on the phone to them this week. It’s dedinitely a password sync problem
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

I am so happy right now! Thank you so much for sharing these settings. I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to add my btinternet account to Outlook for over a fortnight now. No one was able to help and at no point did I realise the IMAP settings had changed for bt yahoo mail (I didn’t even know I was on bt yahoo mail!)

You have made my day, week, month!

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

@Caz3126wrote:

I am so happy right now! Thank you so much for sharing these settings. I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to add my btinternet account to Outlook for over a fortnight now. No one was able to help and at no point did I realise the IMAP settings had changed for bt yahoo mail (I didn’t even know I was on bt yahoo mail!)

You have made my day, week, month!

Thank you!

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Note that IMAP settings have not changed, the use of Yahoo servers should only be seen as a temporary measure, and can only be used with BTYahoo accounts ( http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57483/c/7339/ ).

There does seem to be some form of issue trying to add accounts to various clients using IMAP it seems, but using the Yahoo servers could mean that accessing the account using that method may not be seen by the system as actual access to the email account. If you don't use any other access (e.g. webmail), then after 90 days the account could go into limbo and after a further 60 days allowed for reinstigation - the account could be deleted.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution
Ah ok. So as long as I sign into my btinternet email via the bt site from time to time the account should stay active? Hurts my brain all this stuff!
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

Hello, I’m having the exact same issue as described on the first page of this thread. 
Please could I be referred to a moderator to help reset my password to fix the synchronisation issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

It does not take a moderator to reset your password. You can do that your self.

See link how to do it.

I need to change or reset my BT Email password | BT Help

If that does not work for you, you can use the "Forgotten Log in Details' link below the password box on the email log on page.

BT Email 

0 Ratings