Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 34

Re: Impossible to set up BT internet on iPhone or iPad

Go to solution

As I said, there is apparently a disconnect with the servers synchronising when you change passwords.  I would have said it normally happens if the BTID and email are different but as yours are the same it is obviously not that.

I will advise the moderators of your problem so that they can have it investigated to have your email password behaving the way it should.

Message 12 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @Diescu,

I agree with @gg30340, it sounds like it a password synchronization issue. I'll be able to get this investigated. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 34

Go to solution
Thank you very much for your help with this - much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 34

Go to solution
Thank you - I have contacted you now via the contact link
Diescu
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @Diescu,

Thank you for taking my call today.

As discussed please can you log in with your BT ID using the link www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement

Once you have logged in your will need to click on reactivate email and this should resolve the issue.

I'm out of the office tomorrow but I have asked my colleague @DanielS to keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks

PaddyB

Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 34

Go to solution

Hi Paddy and thanks for your call today. I reactivated the email address via your link and  changed my BTID password via my laptop (interestingly the number of characters here didn't match the password I have been using although this didn't prevent me from changing the password), and my email password. I did the same with email apps on my iPad and IPhone and although this seemed not to work at first I then switched both off and on and after which they both prompted me to update my password in settings. This worked fine and  I'm now satisfied that things are synced OK. 

Thanks very much for your help and to GG for getting me on the right track.

Diescu

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 34

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @Diescu.

I'm glad we were able to help you.

Do you need any other support or are you happy to close your case? Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

Go to solution
Hi Daniel - yes everything is working fine still today (!) and I’m more than happy for you to close the case. I just wish I’d come to you with the problem sooner.
Thanks again all
Diescu
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 19 of 34

Go to solution

Hello,

I believe I having the exact same issue in regards password synchronization. I can access my emails on the webpage using my current passoword, however I cannot set up BT emails on my iPhone using the same password. I've tried some old passwords but I've changed my password frequently in the past so I'm unsure which is the correct 'old' one to use. 

I also cant seem to find the "contact the mods" link, am I being blind?

Thanks,

Morgan H

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 20 of 34

Go to solution

The way I solved the problem was to get BT to reset my password. I phoned up and they did it. Then it all worked, not just the web access.

John

0 Ratings