cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asif-1
Message 21 of 24

Re: Impossible to use client mail programs (Outlook on PC or Mail app on IPhone with my bt email add

Thanks! I'll give them a go. Fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ey7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 24

Re: Impossible to use client mail programs (Outlook on PC or Mail app on IPhone with my bt email add

Sadly, after a couple of months, the problem has returned. It is exactly the same - Outlook gives me an error that the servers cannot be reached (for 3 days now). On my other email addresses on the same account, and through the same client, I have no problems - they can send/receive email. It's only my primary email address which is giving the error. Also, as before, I have no problem with accessing the email through webmail on bt.com.  I'd rather not go through the long process I went through last time - perhaps someone can put me in touch again with the people who solved this last time?

0 Ratings
Merlinpilot
Beginner
Message 23 of 24

I seem to be having similar problems - I cannot log in to MY BT using Firefox - it keeps coming up with a security message or just logs me into webmail.   There seems to be a conflict in my account, which Support have now tried several times to resolve without lasting success.   I am afraid that I am also thinking to ditch BT and go with a different provider of all my services.   I am also having problems logging into email using Mozilla Thunderbird, with the logins being rejected most of the time.   My email is also very old, from BT Yahoo days.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 24

@Merlinpilotwrote:

I seem to be having similar problems - I cannot log in to MY BT using Firefox - it keeps coming up with a security message or just logs me into webmail.   There seems to be a conflict in my account, which Support have now tried several times to resolve without lasting success.   I am afraid that I am also thinking to ditch BT and go with a different provider of all my services.   I am also having problems logging into email using Mozilla Thunderbird, with the logins being rejected most of the time.   My email is also very old, from BT Yahoo days.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The age of the email address isn't relevant - and all accounts prior to March 2014 were BTYahoo.

This issue has simply been ongoing for years, affecting different people at different times.

If you've not seen the forum advice, it is to do nothing - no settings changes, no password changes and the issue should go away from a few hours to a few days. Also stop all devices from auto-checking emails, and check only one every hour or so.

The simplest answer is to get and use a Gmail address. Tell all your contacts, change all website contact details. It might take a few months, but you'll be better off. Then if you decide to move to a different ISP, there will be no need to change to their email system and you can continue to use Gmail.

0 Ratings