cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteThePen1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Inaccurate interpretation of cursor position by BT Webmail after long session.

Hi Folks

I have noticed a new issue with BT webmail running under Win 10 1903 in Firefox (Everything updated to latest versions).  After a long admin session when the webmail program has been open for (say) 20 minutes or more the cursor no longer produces the correct result. Go to click on the box to select an email and the tick appears one or two emails above.  Click on a listed email's subject and the mail opened is one or two emails away in the list.

A sort of fix is to log out and login again, but that makes me wonder if there is a stack overflow somewhere.

Has anybody else noticed this particular Feature?

Regards

Pete

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Inaccurate interpretation of cursor position by BT Webmail after long session.

What happens when you refresh the inbox/page?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: Inaccurate interpretation of cursor position by BT Webmail after long session.

tried a different browser?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ptan
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Hi Pete

I too get similar behaviour. If you click multiple items in the inbox and delete them, then try to select an email to read it also causes the cursor to not position correctly. It will open a random mail above or below what you selected. The most frustrating situation is when you try to click on other items you get "loading" continuously.

As you say, the solution is to logout of webmail and back in again. That clears the problem but makes managing emails rather tedious at times.

This happens with Firefox / Chrome on Win7, Win10 and also on mac osx.

Trying MS Edge on Win10 this seems to work ok.

PT

0 Ratings
ptan
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Update: 

I spoke too soon. Even though MS Edge is better, I found this morning that there is another issue. If you have been deleting emails from the inbox the first few are fine. Then if trying to tick more boxes it completely loses the plot and nothing works until you sign out and back in again.

Surely this is a major issue and must affect others using the webmail interface?

0 Ratings
PeteThePen1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Ptan for your posts and for the earlier suggestions. My apologies for not responding sooner - I don't often have 'heavy' email sessions which means that the problem is not that frequent for me.

However, Ptan's comments about it emerging when using select and delete for multiple emails is also true for me. I suspect that it is probably a BT code issue rather than a browser issue as I have now had the issue in Cliqz as well as previously in Firefox.

Solutions seems to be re-booting the webmail or changing the browser.  I am sorry that I have forgotten to try the Refresh suggestion.  I will try that and see if it works.

Regards

Pete

0 Ratings