cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Inadequate Folder info in searched emails for all folder levels

I use webmail as my primary email viewer (I know please don't tell me to use offline tools - see below) and I have many subfolders of storage for emails using the folders and subfolders available.

My issue is that when i search for an email and then view said email the information in the email only tells me which level the email is stored in. This is ok for main level items but if the item is store in a level below this as are many 100s of my emails, then all that is currently presented is either

Alan

in the actual email or

.../Alan in the search list.

Thing is though this is actually stored in the Doctors/Alan folder. Where has the full folder info gone to in both emails themselves and email search lists?

Is this something that will eventually be fixed perhaps i believe it used to work at the start of webmail but someone decided to drop this function or worse it got broke or even worse its so damned slow to provide this. (Things are getting very slow some days on the webmail system - probably undersized servers)

I do have a couple of places where I store emails in offline tools. I use mailstore for backups but since it has only 3 free users i also use Thunderbird. Thunderbird does show the folder levels but sadly the search does not allow me to drop down to a fine enough level to reduce. Neither are very helpful in this area. (As far as i can tell)

Any ideas anyone

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Inadequate Folder info in searched emails for all folder levels

@StuartH ,

Sorry for poking this at you as it seems no one has so far come through and looked at this. Not actually sure you can do much here but was wondering if this was perhaps

A. known issue and being fixed

B. Known but not being fixed

C. worse was not on the cards. I'm sure it used to be working in the early days ...

Its very useful to people, like me who store their emails in relevant folders and at different levels.

Apologies for poking at you and if you are no longer part of the BT teams working on fixing things.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @unwina Thanks for your posts and sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Stuart isn't around the community at the moment so he can't respond. He will be back soon but in the meantime, I've highlighted your comments to our email team and will get back to you when I have a response.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks @NeilO ,

Much appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi, @unwina the email team responded to say your feedback was really good and they're going to raise a ticket to see what options are available to make improvements.

They have advised that in the meantime if you hover on the folder name in search results, there is a pop-up that displays the complete path.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @NeilO,

Thanks for passing this on. Not sure what they ar on about a popup tried it in the search list and also in the actual email and it does not seem to have a popup. If it helps I am using google chrome Version 100.0.4896.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) which seems to be latest on my machine (Windows 7)

I tried a number of positions in the resultant email list for the ".../folder" to expand as you suggested to no avail.

Anyway thanks for passing this on perhaps you can advise when this might fixed when the team comes back with an answer.

thanks

0 Ratings