cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Instant timeouts!

I've just been migrated and while I wait for other prōblems to be sorted I'm skipping the 'create BT ID' bit and going straight to my email. The good news is I can actually log in and even see my inbox. The bad news is that as soon as I try to view a dīfferent folder (any of them I think) I get a message 'Your session has expired. Please login to continue'. Logging in again doesn't help....  Setting 'keep me logged in' doesn't help...

I'm not a great fan of webmail but I do like to leave spam on the server and log in occasionally to manage it. Not possible at the moment.

Has anyone else had this problem/know a resolution please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Instant timeouts!

I don't know for sure but I think it could be because you have not carried out the migration process of setting up the BTID.

If you use an email client you should still be able to use your email from that until your other problem is resolved.

If you have do use an email client and it is set up as an IMAP account you should be able to check the spam folder from there. If you have it set up as a POP account you can not do that.

There is nothing to stop you setting up your email account as an IMAP and POP account in your email client. This would negate the need of changing it from POP to IMAP in order to see the folders on the BT server.

0 Ratings
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Instant timeouts!

You're right of course, I can work round this problem.  After a bit more investigation I've discovered it seems only to be a prob'em if I use IE.  It's not my default browser but I tend to use it to try out anything that might have problems - developers always test fully on the latest versiln of IE??! All appears ok using chrome and I can access folders in IE if they are empty, just not if they contain any emails. 

I won't blame BT yet. I'll test a bit further and see if I can track the problem to a setting in IE although as far as I know it's pretty much left at defaults.

0 Ratings