cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandyRy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 34

Inundated with Spam

I am getting between 50 and 100 spam emails a day.  I have a paid app on free trial called SpamDrain clearing them from my in tray at present but do not see why BT cannot cope with doing the same.  When I block a sender on BT I get the message that the address is saved but cannot see where it has been added to the list.  Has anyone else had the same problem.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 34

Re: Inundated with Spam

If you had searched the forum you would have found this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Spam-emails/td-p/1531117

BT are aware of the problem and are in the process of trying to fix it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 34

@SandyRy wrote:

I am getting between 50 and 100 spam emails a day.  I have a paid app on free trial called SpamDrain clearing them from my in tray at present but do not see why BT cannot cope with doing the same.  When I block a sender on BT I get the message that the address is saved but cannot see where it has been added to the list.  Has anyone else had the same problem.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Can you say which service you're on, BTYahoo or BTMail :-

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

Chances are it's BTMail, since that system has been reported as seriously failing in the past few months with regard spam filtering.

Blocking sender is actually pointless, since spammers never ever use their own email addresses and either spoof or forge the "From" address - or use the same email address in subsequent spam runs, use different "From" addresses for every spam sent and all sorts of tricks to try to bypass spam filters.

Any local app or anti-spam system will nearly always be better than an ISP wide system which has to cater for millions of mailboxes, and hence a vast array of different scenarios so as not to trap genuine emails. It's easy to do it on a single account and set personal rules, but it's not as simple as that for a corporate system.

0 Ratings
SandyRy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 34

BT Mail.  Spamdrain is excellent but I don't see why I should have to pay for a service that I believe BT should provide

0 Ratings
tc58
Message 5 of 34

I'm getting 50 or 60 spam emails a day. It really is a jokeconsidering we pay for this service.

0 Ratings
SandyRy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 34

Try Spamdrain it is worth the annual fee of around £13

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 34

@SandyRy wrote:

Try Spamdrain it is worth the annual fee of around £13

There are many other ways to deal with spam on a local level without paying anything.

You would need to have it on all devices, set it up properly, making sure it doesn't discard real emails etc, etc.

It would also be pointless when the BTMail spam filters start working properly.

0 Ratings
SandyRy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 34

"When" being the operative word

0 Ratings
tc58
Message 9 of 34

67 spam mails overnight.

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 10 of 34

I signed up purely to post here.

I have never had so much spam in my life. IT started with a few, and I started adding the domains to blocked senders but it's beyond a joke now.

I'm getting anywhere from 150 - 200 a day easily.

If It wasn't for the fact i've used this email address for years and years I'd have dumped it and got another as it's just a joke.

And yes i'm on BT Email, What is going on with this?

0 Ratings