Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 34

Re: Inundated with Spam

@ricci555 wrote:

I signed up purely to post here.

I have never had so much spam in my life. IT started with a few, and I started adding the domains to blocked senders but it's beyond a joke now.

I'm getting anywhere from 150 - 200 a day easily.

And yes i'm on BT Email, What is going on with this?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Frankly blocking senders will not help, since spammers don't use their own email addresses as the "From" address. They might use a spoofed domain for a certain run, then change for the next etc.

For info, were there any common domains amongst your spam emails ? Perhaps there is a pattern emerging somewhere.

The fact that BTMail is the area that anti-spam isn't working for some could lead to some conclusions, of which I have some ideas, including Openwave being more than dodgy etc.

BT have not helped themselves by being completely silent on this matter, as for Openwave ...

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 12 of 34

Nah there are no patterns to it.

E.G one may come from domain1.subdomain.com then another from domain324.subdomain.com

I only started doing it at first as I was only having a few spam emails.

But now it's just out of control. I did try to speak to BT about this. And they simply refured me to a FAQ section saying I should just keep clicking all the spam emails and selecting "mark as spam".

Thanks BT....

0 Ratings
whiskylady
Beginner
Message 13 of 34

Oh my goodness, exactly the same with me. I just signed up to say how awful the spam is. Also up to 200 a day, if not more. Contacted BT live chat and Was told to send to Spam folder...have been doing this for over 2 weeks, not use. Cannot block as diff addresses. Now sending them to abuse@bt.com where they are probably quietly binned.

My email is becoming unusable and it is my only email which I have had for years. Why can they not fix it????

Thomas Sanderson, Everest, Vanquis, BT, Debt Recovery, Greenpeace, etc

0 Ratings
matthew216
Beginner
Message 14 of 34

Wanted to add my name to the growing discontent regarding spam, I do not want to lose my email address but the situation is becoming silly. Please sort it out bt
0 Ratings
SandyRy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 34

These are the same as I get
0 Ratings
SandyRy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 34

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 17 of 34

I didn't check my email for a day.

Then foolishly checked it via the mail app on my phone. 250 emails. 10 of those were not spam.

It's got to the point where I'm updating my email address and using another email now as my primary address as this account is pretty much dead to me now.

I Can't cope with this amount of spam coming in.

BT need to do something about it

0 Ratings
kitkavanagh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

This won't go away until BT get serious about it. Several "chats" on line still haven't led to anything resembling satisfaction.

I even furnished a painstakingly information packed email of all the addresses where my spam is coming from. Nobody from BT has, to date, taken the time to reply.

The irony is that many bona fide emails get rejected. 

0 Ratings
SandyRy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 34

Obviously BT customer services do not check or read the forum or if they do they do not give a monkies? 

0 Ratings
rew
Beginner
Message 20 of 34

Same issue and it has got far worse over the last 3 weeks with 50-100 spam mails a day.  some even use my own email address!  Rang BT and they said change password which I have done and all it does is increase the number.

I have been with BY Yahoo Mail for 11 years and now just BT Mail and this matter should nto be allowed to continue.

For a pensioner it is so dangerous and there seems to no solution to this issue!  What do we pay for?

0 Ratings