Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 31 of 69

Re: Invalid mail address, must have a domain part [Err code: 501

Hi All,

First of all, the issue with comma's in your contact names should be fully resolved.

Secondly ,we have identified another bug with webmail thanks to direct feedback from some of you so thank you all.

The problem occurs when someone has set their display name on a client using a comma which seems to be causing us some problems.

A good way of validating that is noticing that the email in your inbox has come from a name rather than an email address.

For example, I received an email from Joe, Bloggs in my inbox, rather than joe.bloggs@btinternet.com

Unfortunately it seems we have problems replying to those emails, we have raised it as a bug and increased the priority.

If you believe you are not affected by this problem, please send me a direct message with a screenshot of the email in your inbox that you are replying to, then of the email after trying to reply (with the error)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 69

BT,

It's the 17th September, I'm still getting error code 501, when I reply to e mails. There's no pattern, no coma, you,ve nearly broken me. Please please fix it.

My life was happy with BT Yahoo.

I've now tried to use your contacts list - it's more than a puzzle.

When you moved me from B T Yahoo you said I was being upgraded. I'm sure you aspire to have a good e mail system, but for me you are currently absolutely off the pace. If a BT Yahoo e mail bounced back, it happened almost immediately or maybe the same days. With you it's about 6 days later, which totally screwed up a conference call I was on as the e mail ( plus attachment) had not been delivered, and I had no clue.

Please do something, starting with error code 501 - there's no comma in sight

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 69

Evening. This still isn't fixed as I'm still having the same problems 'replying all' that I reported earlier today. Hopefully someone is till looking at this.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 69

From yesterday , me too I’m back with the same issue . Please help 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 35 of 69

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that you are still getting the error code "Err code:501" have you all sent @DarrenW a private message and included a screenshot so that he can take a look into this for you?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 69

I will try.

Now getting error code 10006

Help please

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 69

Morning, just to follow up on my message from yesterday evening, I've just received error code 501 when replying to an email, with a single addressee and with a comma separating the shown name, the actual address is correct. Would be good to hear that someone is still looking at this, not least because it's getting to be a bit of a pain. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 38 of 69

Hi @BulletMcQ,

Sorry to hear that you are still having the issue. 

Have you sent @DarrenW a private message with screenshots?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 69

How shall we write directly to @DarrenW  ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 40 of 69

Hi All,

Sorry you are still getting issues, we do still have 1 bug outstanding relating to Display Names which has a high priority.

A few times now in my responses I have asked for anyone having the problem to send me a direct message containing screenshots of:

• The email in your inbox 'before' you reply to it
  • The email after you click reply with the error on screen (including the To, Cc, Bcc fields)

We have identified a couple of bugs but it seems customers are still having issues, I need examples of them so that we can fix it for you.

0 Ratings