First of all, the issue with comma's in your contact names should be fully resolved.
Secondly ,we have identified another bug with webmail thanks to direct feedback from some of you so thank you all.
The problem occurs when someone has set their display name on a client using a comma which seems to be causing us some problems.
A good way of validating that is noticing that the email in your inbox has come from a name rather than an email address.
For example, I received an email from Joe, Bloggs in my inbox, rather than firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately it seems we have problems replying to those emails, we have raised it as a bug and increased the priority.
If you believe you are not affected by this problem, please send me a direct message with a screenshot of the email in your inbox that you are replying to, then of the email after trying to reply (with the error)
It's the 17th September, I'm still getting error code 501, when I reply to e mails. There's no pattern, no coma, you,ve nearly broken me. Please please fix it.
My life was happy with BT Yahoo.
I've now tried to use your contacts list - it's more than a puzzle.
When you moved me from B T Yahoo you said I was being upgraded. I'm sure you aspire to have a good e mail system, but for me you are currently absolutely off the pace. If a BT Yahoo e mail bounced back, it happened almost immediately or maybe the same days. With you it's about 6 days later, which totally screwed up a conference call I was on as the e mail ( plus attachment) had not been delivered, and I had no clue.
Please do something, starting with error code 501 - there's no comma in sight
Evening. This still isn't fixed as I'm still having the same problems 'replying all' that I reported earlier today. Hopefully someone is till looking at this.
From yesterday , me too I’m back with the same issue . Please help
Sorry to hear that you are still getting the error code "Err code:501" have you all sent @DarrenW a private message and included a screenshot so that he can take a look into this for you?
Morning, just to follow up on my message from yesterday evening, I've just received error code 501 when replying to an email, with a single addressee and with a comma separating the shown name, the actual address is correct. Would be good to hear that someone is still looking at this, not least because it's getting to be a bit of a pain. Thanks.
Sorry you are still getting issues, we do still have 1 bug outstanding relating to Display Names which has a high priority.
A few times now in my responses I have asked for anyone having the problem to send me a direct message containing screenshots of:
We have identified a couple of bugs but it seems customers are still having issues, I need examples of them so that we can fix it for you.