Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 69

Re: Invalid mail address, must have a domain part [Err code: 501

This is my last post on another thread.

"One of our main problems is lost email addresses and the autofill sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. Then at random it will produce a seemingly lost email address.

Deleting emails does and doesn't as it sees fit!

How can it work perfectly for some and not for others....a strange world!

PS. We run the new Edge on Windows 10 and all is in good condition and up to date."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 69

Hello Matt, how do I send a private message?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 43 of 69

Hi @BulletMcQ and thanks for posting.

Who are you trying to send the private message to? If it's @DarrenW just click on his username and then you'll see an envelope at the top right. Just click on that to send your message.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 44 of 69

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who has sent me screenshots of the issue they are facing when trying to reply to people.

I am confident after reviewing all of the screenshots received, that we are fixing the issue everyone is describing.

We are testing the fix today, then it will be released mid-week to everyone.

I will post again once the fix is live to everyone and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 69

Thanks Darren.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 46 of 69

I have the exact same problem - it is a huge problem as it's my work email. The only way I've found around it is to save the 'problem' email (which, as others have pointed out on here, is a misnomer, as there is NOTHING wrong with the email addresses - many of mine have been in my contacts for DECADES) and then retrieve it from the 'drafts'.

The 'problem' versions of the email addresses will be in pink, with an IDENTICAL, NO-PROBLEM version of the SAME email address right next to it, not in pink, and perfectly valid. Delete the pink ones and hey presto, you can send the mail.

These extra 5 or so steps to send an email are incredibly infuriating, but at least until there's a fix, it means you don't have to retype your email addresses each time.

Hope this helps someone and apologies if this solution's already been put on here... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 47 of 69

Hi there.
I've had this issue too and brought this to Darren's attention recently. They are looking into it. Only happens for me, when the dreaded comma is in the sender's address . I do the same as you, just delete the magically appearing pink one, as it has part of the name but no email address. Hope they sort it soon.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 48 of 69

thank you Mamasam! Fingers crossed....

Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 49 of 69

Hi All,

So far testing of the fix has been successful, if it continues to be positive we will release the fix overnight and will be available to everyone tomorrow.

If all goes to plan, from tomorrow you should no longer see the issue, sorry again for the frustrating inconvenience.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 69

Hopefully well done, I'm afraid recognition not reward to your team.