Message 61 of 71

Re: Invalid mail address, must have a domain part [Err code: 501

Has worked for me (so far!). Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 71

Darren, great news. Thanks for letting us know. I'm personally not in a position to test it as I'm travelling and not receiving office emails, but will get back to you when I do. 

Thanks again,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 71

Darren, I've not had a "501" issue recently, so maybe you've solved it. If yes, thanks.

Maybe you could look at creating the ability to have a distribution list greater than 50.

Likewise can you check how quickly an e mail should bounce back. I thought I had sent several to one person and I got the bounce back 6 days later - which is not good.

I would not say I hold a grudge, but I'm still smarting from your marketing people telling me moving to BT e  Mail was an upgrade - just feedback to them - very unhelpful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 71

Hi Darren,

Yes it works fine. Thank you.

Hope you guys get the delete key to work too. Tired of having to use the soft delete.

A little bit of good news: I have just travelled through UAE on route to Iraq and I noted that the BT Mail ios iPhone app was only only client to be able to pick up my mail without being connected to a UK based VPN server....strange that others won't work. My Thunderbird client also needs the same requirement and I know why as I have suffered this issue for years and years. The solution used to be having a UK based relay and setting the client appropriately or more simply, a UK-based VPN, otherwise BT Mail, like other providers, pick up incoming connections as suspicious.

I hope that this extra detail helps other travellers and if anyone wishes to buy a relay service then I can help with supplying some info.

Thanks again to the BT Mail team. Still plenty to solve, but slowly slowly......

Regards,

Mark

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 65 of 71

Still getting this error message when trying to send email on my pc if I use my phone it works fine. Yet another annoying error on the new BT platform.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 66 of 71

Hi There @gibraltarboy 

Please send me a screenshot in a private message of the email you are replying to in your inbox AND a screenshot of the To,Cc,Bcc fields with the error on screen and I will happily take a look.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 71

Darren, I'm not getting so many problems, but yesterday I got:-

- bounce back of an e mail sent on the 8th October

- just said Minecast - this message is badly structured.

Please can you get some work in place so that bounce backs happen quickly.

Chris

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 68 of 71

Hi I too am still getting the error when trying to reply on my PC..

Is there a fix ? Ive looked at the address book and there is no comma that I can see in the name.

cheers Paul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 69 of 71

Hi @kellyweb 

Can you please do the same as gibraltorboy above?

Please send me a screenshot in a private message of the email you are replying to in your inbox AND a screenshot of the To,Cc,Bcc fields with the error on screen and I will happily take a look.

We have a bug ticket open so the more evidence of the issue the better.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 71

This morning all works well, no problems with any emails, this afternoon want to forward some messages to people in my address book and I can't as this 501 message is coming up, what is going on please, this new improved system is SO frustrating. A huge favour if I may ? I am a technophobe all I want to do is to send and receive emails, so please could any reply not be too technical. I am signing via Google Chrome, your assistance is hugely appreciated but please note the heavy sigh that this has quite literally happened in the past few hours. Thanks.

0 Ratings