cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andydenyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Investment spam/scam emails from *@*.live

Over the past couple of weeks or so, I have received increasing numbers of spam/scam emails from email addresses ending ".live".  They all seem to relate to investment scams of some type or other.  Not huge numbers (between about 1 and 4 per day), but annoying nonetheless.

Some of these are going straight to my spam folder, but others are hitting my inbox.  I have been marking those that hit my inbox as spam and blocking the domain.  I have also been blocking the domains of those going straight to spam.

However, blocking the domain only blocks it at  the level of "*@abc.live", not "*@*.live".  As the general construct of the email addresses that they are coming from is "*@*.live", this means that I have now blocked several domains ending ".live" when what I really want to be able to do is block all domains ending ".live", as I cannot think of any legitimate emails that I would ever receive from that domain.

For example:

authenticactionmail.live

beautycenter.live

eainteligence.live

exploremore.live

helpdisk.live

indexrui.live

and even

martinlewis.live (obviously nothing whatsoever to do with the real Money Saving Expert!) 

At one time (with BTYahoo Mail), I was able to block domains at the highest level, so I was able to block all emails from, say "*.ru", rather than having to block individual domains ending ".ru"

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
andydenyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Investment spam/scam emails from *@*.live

ok - now they seem to be coming from domains ending ".digital".  Over the past few days I have marked as spam and blocked the following domains:

dailyinvestor.digital

dominos.digital

uptodatefx.digital

lookingfar.digital

Hopefully the spam filters will soon learn and stop sending these direct to my inbox!

0 Ratings
monarchjock
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: Investment spam/scam emails from *@*.live

I've also had a lot of the form  *@*.us  so it's the same situation having to block each domain.

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Blocking domains

At the moment, it is only possible to block domains at the level following the '@' symbol.  So, for example '@appsupdate.site'

However, I also want to be able to block domains at the highest level in some cases i.e. following the final '.'

So, in the example above '.site'

Only, I am forever having to report spam and block domains ending in the following:

.live
.digital
.site
.online
.store
.shop
.us
.cloud

to name just a few.  If only I could block these particular ones at this level, then I wouldn't have to keep reporting further cases and adding to my ever-growing list of blocked senders.

Obviously, that wouldn't work for all domains, as I have blocked some domains ending in '.com', but wouldn't want to block everything at the '.com' level as there are plenty of legitimate emails that come from such domains (such as gmail.com and btinternet.com, for example).

0 Ratings