Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnob
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: Is Yahoo part of my broadband account

Go to solution
oh really apologies for error but why would you want to pay 7.50 a month for email? Most email providers let you link another account.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Some people wish to keep an email address they have had for a long time but no longer have BT as their ISP, their choice.

debra5lp
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
  • Liquorice.    Thankyou   I actually intended my reply for you and posted it wrong. Thanks again for the help as I said in the thankyou post 
0 Ratings
debra5lp
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
Johnob. Thanks for your help. As liquorice says that is a real option for the premium mail. But I don't need to do it for my yahoo one even though I have been told by bt I would have to!
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@debra5lpwrote:
Hi. Even though it was bt yahoo at one point? Plus the help chat guy at bt said it was tied to my broadband account. But other people are saying like you. Thanks

This sounds like the "help guy" is getting confused with an internal system yahoo.co.uk attached to every BTYahoo user email address - which is visible in webmail only under settings/mailboxes ... That address can't be used or deleted. Unless they are getting confused with a disposable email address, however these are being discontinued.

As has been said, it is completely different to a standard Yahoo.co.uk email address.

BTYahoo still does exist, but it has nothing to do with standard "vanilla" Yahoo addresses.

You have been told utter cobblers by the useless helpdesk with regard the Yahoo.co.uk email address.

With regard your first post, you said :-

"When I first set off with it years ago yahoo was bt but I'm not sure now"

Yahoo has never been part of BT - so you simply must have set up the Yahoo address independently.

debra5lp
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Brilliant 👍 thank you. 

0 Ratings