cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devonian
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Is bt email an extra you have to pay for?

Hello I can log into my bt account and the forum (obviously) but don't seem to be able to access my bt email account  (ending in @btinternet.com). Does a bt email account come as standard to bt bill payers or do you have to pay extra to get one? If not I keep trying to log into my email account but it doesn't work, I haven't used it for years but would like to start using it now. 

Or did bt merge with yahoo or something? Whats going on. Help appreciated. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is bt email an extra you have to pay for?

BTMail comes as a free add on if you are a BTBroadband customer. It does not come with any other BT services.

If you have not used the email account for years it will have been deleted and can not be recovered or the email address re-used.

See link

Why has my email address been suspended or deleted? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

e-mail is all part of the package.

If yours is an old account and is still active but not working then you should check the server settings and ports

0 Ratings
devonian
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Blocked after 90 days of inactivity and permanently deleted after 150 days.....

not particularly useful then.  What a shame. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

It can be argued that if you have not used the email account in 150 days or in your case years it would appear to be either a dormant or "dead" account and therefore why should it be maintained by the supplier free of charge. What BT are doing is in common with what most email suppliers are now doing.

If you are still a paying BTBroadband account holder and feel the need to have a BT email account you can always set up another "free" BT email account if you want.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 6

Hi @devonian,

The info that @gg30340 gave you is correct. If it hasn't been used in years, then it has most likely been deleted.

If you would like me to check to make sure it has been deleted, please let me know. Or, if you need any help setting up a new email, please see Create new BT Email

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings