Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Expert
Message 1 of 9

Is it me or is BCC not working?

Go to solution

Is anyone actually using BCC on the new email system i tried it today where I was sending an email to someone and BCC's my wifes email. She never received it and I cannot see from the original email what was in the BCC send details.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Is it me or is BCC not working?

Go to solution

Its you 😀  Works fine for me on both counts.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Just checked and it works as it should.

Checking the sent folder shows it under the "main" email recipient's email address and when the email is opened in the sent folder the BCC email address is shown along side the "main" recipient.

The BCC recipient received the email.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks,

Does it matter if we logged in with incognito mode using google chrome (latest before the most recent update posted today).?

My wife sent something today from her account but as i was logged into my email account i helped her to use incognito from my desktop .

She sent an email to a friend and BCC'd a copy to me. Her friend has not seen it as yet and i still have not received a copy either. Does her friend have to open it before i would get the bcc copy perhaps.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

The "main" recipient and the BCC recipients are treated as separate emails and one is not dependent on the other opening before or after the other.

I doubt incognito mode would affect the emails being sent but the easy way to check is to try sending a test email with and then without incognito mode being used.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

So i checked her account and it shows both myself and the original recipient so unless i moved it by mistake in my email its not as yet arrived. Subsequent emails from her have though. Bit odd but i'll check i haven't moved it by mistake. The worst thing about the new email system is how slow it can get switching between folders but that another story. 

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Ok apologies to all concerned it was an old rule where by i would reject anything that did not have my  surname in it - my wifes email does not have our surname in it so it went to my NFM (Not for me) folder. I've added her email name into the reject list too. Schoolboy error - should have checked it too.

Must now find a way to test it works.

Thanks for the help though.

unwina
Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

So i've just been uprated to an expert, not sure that my last contribution (above) warrants me being an expert at least not in new BT eMail anyway!.

😉

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

The rating system obviously uses the number of posts that you make along with any kudos you have been given and who knows what else. The only thing that is sure is that it uses an algorithm that is above us mere mortals. 

0 Ratings