cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Is it me or is New btEmail very slow at times

So over the last few weeks some days moving around email folders can be quite slow. Is that just me - I've checked my speed and chrome latest browser.

I've noticed that switching from Inbox to a folder and back is in particular slow at times. 

Anybody else noticing lag

I've also noticed that things get out of sync a bit when new mail comes in and i'm looking at an email further down the list and cannot see there was new mail. All the right hand side options may not be acting on the mail you think they are.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it me or is New btEmail very slow at times

@unwinawrote:

So over the last few weeks some days moving around email folders can be quite slow. Is that just me - I've checked my speed and chrome latest browser.

I've noticed that switching from Inbox to a folder and back is in particular slow at times. 

Anybody else noticing lag

I've also noticed that things get out of sync a bit when new mail comes in and i'm looking at an email further down the list and cannot see there was new mail. All the right hand side options may not be acting on the mail you think they are.

If you want to see 'slow' change the view to 'view attachments' and see how long it takes to load - you'll have time to go and make a cuppa LOL

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Not too sure how useful attachment view might be but the first screen was much quicker than moving to folder from inbox and back. I didn't try to open any  files though. Could not see what attachment was relevant to what email either.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@unwinawrote:

Not too sure how useful attachment view might be but the first screen was much quicker than moving to folder from inbox and back. I didn't try to open any  files though. Could not see what attachment was relevant to what email either.

After 25 years, I have collated literally 1000s of photos sent/received as an attachment. After the 3 to 4 minutes of waiting for them to load I have in excess of 70 pages of them. No way to access an individual page if it falls out of the first 5, or last 5. On viewing a photo, no way of simply zooming in etc. I have been wittering on about this deficit in functionality since migration last year.

The old 'yahoo' pages loaded literally instantaneously, and you could zoom in, and you could click on original email. So, wheel doesn't need to be reinvented, just steal the code that was in existence in the first place! LOL

0 Ratings