cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 72
Moved:

Re: Is it me or is the new BT mail service really awful?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 72

It's terrible, the font is terrible and faint , it's constantly "loading" or "failing". I've got a google account as well and that doesn't have the spam of BT's .

No one cares, BT doens'[t give a toss , you can't get hold of anyone who can understand you either lingusitically of technically , the company is a shambles

0 Ratings
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 72

We are sorry! Something went wrong...

0 Ratings
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 72

something even went wrong when I was posting my previous comment !

0 Ratings
mazroy
Contributor
Message 65 of 72

Absolutely awful email service from BT...TRYING TO SEARCH FOR EMAILS IS IMPOSSIBLE, IT JUST NEVER WORKS AND THE PAST FEW DAYS IM UNABLE TO OPEN MY INBOX WITHOUT CLICKING ON THE EXPLORE BT TAB....WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON bt....your **bleep** useless.....AND YES I AM SHOUTING!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
vhdsl_user
Contributor
Message 66 of 72

I have taken the time and trouble to read all of the postings in this thread. I too have recently (early October 2015 onwards) had the problems mentioned - in particular I have to make many attempts to get a successful login to read my bt webmails. I read my emails in bt webmail first so that I can delete any scam emails that have evaded the bt email filter. I have assumed that the bt webmails are not stored on my pc - but I'm actually viewing the webmails on a bt server somewhere - thus scam emails are deleted before they are downloaded into my Outlook mail application. If that is not correct (ie webmails are downloaded on to my pc) then my approach has not improved security.

The "bottom line" appears to be that bt webmail is a non-obligatory service provided by bt to bt broadband users without any guarantees and therefore there is no compensation if it malfunctions. Apparently there is a statement to this effect in bt's TOCs.

It would be really helpful if someone from bt could respond to the points that I have made in this posting. Also to let the customers know whether bt is actually working on the issues raised in this thread. Do the moderators on this forum work for bt ?

Ian

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 72

Not entirely sure why you take that approach, it is far simpler to deal with scam emails in Outlook. If you are identifying them in webmail to delete them there, you can just as easily identify them in Outlook. As long as they are not opened and links or attachments clicked, there is no more security issues than deleting them in webmail.

To answer your direct question, if you delete the mails in webmail BEFORE you open Outlook, then they will not be downloaded.

0 Ratings
vhdsl_user
Contributor
Message 68 of 72

This morning (13th Oct) I managed to login to and logout from bt webmail relatively quickly without a problem. Hope this situation continues !! I would still like to know what the problem was as it clearly affected many of bt's customers (those who use bt webmail at least). Could a moderator please enlighten us ?

Ian

0 Ratings
vhdsl_user
Contributor
Message 69 of 72

To follow up this morning's posting. The bt webmail system is now as responsive as it used to be (for me - I can't speak for others). My login and logout were rapid. As I have not changed anything on my pc I have to conclude that the problem was at bt. Has there been a significant server outage over the the last week or so ? Has there been a software modification ? I cannot understand why bt does not respond to sensible postings.

Ian

0 Ratings
vhdsl_user
Contributor
Message 70 of 72

I have no proof of this but I am wondering - there seems to be significantly more advertising on the bt website including the login page for bt mail. Many of these adverts involve scripts and the adverts are dynamic (things move around/pictures change). Could that contribute to the delays and difficulties (including "timeouts") in logging in ?

Ian

0 Ratings