cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Briancee
Beginner
Message 11 of 72

Re: Is it me or is the new BT mail service really awful?

Your definitely not alone  - I have never had so many problems with an e-mail system - it's so slow - I keep getting "system busy" or "loading data" - I cannot search all of my mail at once only folder by folder one at a time - and perhaps the thing that is annoying me most is I get logged out every 20 minutes - so whereas before I could just keep a tab open and I would be advised of new mail while working in another tab - since I am logged out I get no notice of new mail which because of the way I work is really frustrating.

Also I use three BT mail addresses and before I could have them all in one Inbox and have one set of folders to move from any address into - now I must have three inboxes and it seems 3 sets of folders with no way to move e-mails between folders and link them all up - it is making life very difficult

0 Ratings
Dudsplace
Message 12 of 72

I have just spent 2 hours trying to delete deslt with messages from the inbox.  The new system is just hopeless and I feel everything should be moved back to the Yahoo server untill BT can get their house in order.

0 Ratings
jpjerry
Message 13 of 72

I have been a BT Broadband Customer for 14 years. I have never in all my years of owing computers my first in 1983 before ther was an internet until niow, I have never seen such terrible service.

If you finally getinto email it spends most o your 15 minutes loading data. Sometimes akll of your contacts are gone. And the worst is what idiot ever came up with a 15 minute time out?

I have to assume BT had to pay Yahoo to be a part of them  this includes a home page that actually allowed you to add aps from Lotto to Finance.

I am going to look for a new provider. The worst for BT will be that I am the CIO of one of the largest companies in the world and we will all leave BT!  I doubt they will care until it it is too late. It took em as well as others hours to get into my email yesterday and at least once a day it says no account.

0 Ratings
jpjerry
Message 14 of 72

It is all of us. I have a 500£ lap top and a dell desk top that cost £5,000 and havethe same problem.

0 Ratings
PeteANDJanet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 72

I had assumed that the problems I've encounted since being transferred to BT mail on 1st Oct were just teething problems but I notice that the first posting was in April.

Like everyone else the problems are:

1) woefully slow - almost always "system busy" or similar

2) crashes or logs me out /boots me back to the BT.com home page even while I'm in the middle of preparing an email- despite ticking "keep me logged in"

3) has been almost completely unavailable for 3 days in the two weeks

4) it's impossible to search in more than one folder (ie you have to know where the email you are looking for is filed before you can search for it). Global searching is a basic feature of any mail system but BT's help desk tells me there are no plans to provide that function in the near future.

I'm seriously considering changing providers, despite the inevitable hassle of notifying all my clients etc.

To anyone at BT who might be listening: This is completely unacceptable service provision. As a minimum you should be planning to compensate all affected customers. The project and communications team leaders should be sacked for such an abysmal performance.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 72

I absolutely agree! I moved to BTMail in June and have had endless so-called teething problems. Now, for the last two weeks, i have not been receiving some of my emails, but still receiving others so have not been aware until clients have complained. I changed from using the webmail to my mac Mail as the interface was so awful but the emails are not on the webmail either.... The worst thing is that BT seem totally uninterested in trying to sort it out. Am going to look into changing to another provider...
0 Ratings
annpock
Beginner
Message 17 of 72

I note exactly the same complaints going back to 2012 when the migration from BT Yahoo started. Long waits for Loading Data messages, Service Busy messages, long periods when there is no access at all to my emails, some email newsletters I've been opening for years are now unopenable - I've had to open an Outlook email client to get at them and I really don't need to be checking two email listsing every day.

The customer service folks are trying - but they can't do a thing against really poor technology. Clearly the new system is not fit for purpose, pure and simple. I have asked for a 'deadlock' letter so I can escalate my complain outside the cosy BT internal 'ignore our paying customers' system - and can't get one sent. That really is the last straw, when you can't get an issue resolved and the perpetrator won't let you complain to outside agencies.

If it wouldn't mean an enormous amount of effort to notify everyone, alter references on websites etc, and the cost of reprinting cards I would leave BT tomorrow. No - todaySmiley Happy

I can't believe that any BT personell look at these forums - surely by now someone, somewhere in the BT hierarchy would have taken action?

0 Ratings
JackPhillips
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 72

Given the ongoing level of response and dissatisfaction reported here you would hope that all these issues are being dealt with. Oh look the issues were first reported in 2012 and here we are 2 years on and it looks like nothing has been done. At least I can now watch football for free whilst I'm waiting for this poor excuse of an email system splutters slowly into life...

To the list from the last 24hrs can be added:

'Error we could not send your email' which was repeated after each of the three times I hit 'Send'. My sent folder minutes later was showing 3 copies of the same email having being sent...

Today composed a lengthy email, hit the 'Send' button - email delivered blank apart from my signature, to all recipients...

If BT wants to compete as a media provider in the UK market it has to do so against other operators who have a functioning email system, which whilst it might be a 'free add on' customer will use it irrespective of whether they watch BT Sport or not...   

0 Ratings
PeteANDJanet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 72

I've just had an update from BT, having complained via all the routes I could think.

It's a voice message and not entirely clear but the gist of the message is:

There's some sort of incompatibility between BTmail and firewalls/ security software. 

BT is aware of the problem and working on it

BT expects to fix it by the first week of November

Here's hoping!

0 Ratings
LucienNunes
Message 20 of 72

Wow, is that the first actual response agreeing that some kind of fault exists?

Mind you, it's like Ford customer support leaving a message saying that the reason your car is impossible to drive is that they've discovered an incompatibility with roads, which they are working to fix.

Well done for getting that far though.

0 Ratings