cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr_zerostate
Contributor
Message 21 of 72

Re: Is it me or is the new BT mail service really awful?

I wish they would get rid of this session time out too. Didn't have it with Yahoo, and I don't see session timeouts with Outlook.com. What's the point?

0 Ratings
lackingimagination
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 72

When I rang and complained I was informed that the money I pay BT is for my broadband which is functional & the email service they provide is a "freebie" and therefore if it doesn't work properly they is no compensation etc!

I shall eagerly await the first week of November!

0 Ratings
bigbilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 72

I am a new subscriber to BT and really disappointed with the quality and performance of the BT Mail system experiencing all the problems previously mentioned in this thread.

I have gone back to using my previous suppliers email system.

It's a disgrace that a company like BT can promote such an impractical and amateurish email program. I wonder what the advertisers on the system think of it ?

Bill
0 Ratings
PeteANDJanet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 72

BT deleted my reply to this discussion on how to get a refund from BT for poor service because I'd put the same text in another discussion group with a similar theme (not allowed even though it might be helpful as most of us don't read all of every discussion...). If you're interested please see the new discussion I have created.

0 Ratings
Grandy
Message 25 of 72

I am with BT with a btinternet.com email address. Since BT split with Yahoo things have been disastrous. It was so bad that they went back with Yahoo again - and still are. They said they wanted rid of Yahoo for security reasons. They are still trying to split but have not done so. I've been on several online chat help lines, to no constructive avail. For a long time they have been saying 'you will be migrated in 2 weeks. Now they suggest 'by the end of the year'. The whole thing is a gigantic mess effecting many many businesses. The reason people pay more money to go with BT broadband is because they image the quality is better. Their email systems are now horrendous. They suggest web mail - but that's no good, if, like me you have to have several accounts. 

0 Ratings
rosiposi
Contributor
Message 26 of 72

20 minute time-out you are lucky I get 5 minutes maximum!
0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 27 of 72

Same here, I do exactly the same & keep getting booted out every 15 minutes, EVEN WHEN I AM USING IT!!

Totally underresourced & on the cheap, we could have a whip round for a new elastic band for the IT dept to use.

LOL Man Mad

boston1944
Message 28 of 72

I cant believe quite how poor the email service is since the split. The timeout is infuriating and impossible to correct and the constant 'loading data' is quite simply archaic - it reminds me of waiting for a dial up connection. The painful truth is that registering one's feelings is so very time consuming and seemingly pointless that most of us will simply not bother. BT must also be very aware that changing over to another service is so potentially damaging with loss of contacts, old emails etc. I know BT will not change and I must do it but am so reluctant to land myself with a heap of other fallout problems as a result. We must I think be brave and vote with our feet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 72

If you are other wise happy with BT, there is no ned to move ISP just because the email webmail service is not as good as it should be.

If you install and email client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird you will not have any time out problems or any of the other problems that others have posted about.

You will be able to download all your emails onto your computer along with your contacts where you can keep them safe and back them up.  You would then be able to set up another email account with another email provider such as gmail or Yahoo if you wished without "potentially damaging with loss of contacts, old emails etc".

This would also mean that you can change ISP anytime in the future without the thought of changing or losing your email address.

0 Ratings
alistair94
Contributor
Message 30 of 72

Neither Windows Live Mail of Thunderbird work properly for me with BT Mail since migration.

Live mail does not show any of my email folders and Thunderbird only shows some of them

BT Email is unbelievably awful.

0 Ratings