cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

Is there a problem with BT Yahoo Email tonight?

Emails sent to my BTinternet.com address from an Outlook.com address are being rejected by the daemon although emails sent from the btinternet.com address are successfully delivered to the Outlook.com address.   Can anyone help please?

gerry

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
philby
Beginner
Message 2 of 18

Re: Is there a problem with BT Yahoo Email tonight?

Hello gerry

I was going to start a thread about this but noticed you have same issue.

I have a few outlook.com accounts, none of which are able to send to any @btinternet.com addresses without a bounce back with a Postmaster Undeliverable smtp 554 error:

smtp;554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.1.1) - Please report any problems to BT via the postmaster@btinternet.com mailbox and include your sending ip address with an example header of your email

Massively annoying - spoke to MS about this who insist BT are blocking the outlook.com domain.

So, you're not alone....

Mark

0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

Very many thanks for replying Mark.  Being a bit of a dimwit when it comes to IT matters/computers etc my first assumption when something goes wrong is that there is something wrong at my end, in some arcane setting or other.  So it is good to know that I am not the only one having the problem on this occasion. Hopefully as with many issues that arise in connection with BT time will prove a good healer!!!  :O))

Thanks again and have a good weekend!!

Gerry

0 Ratings
Dorsetyahoo
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

I am also having problems and so are my relatives (who call me when they have problems).  Basically any email sent to ...@btinternet.com by some users is getting the same rejection.  I sent some to myself on Sunday morning (the 10th July) from a relative's computer and none arrived until late the next day.   What is going on?

smtp;554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.1.1) - Please report any problems to BT via the postmaster@btinternet.com mailbox and include your sending ip address with an example header of your email

and if you respond to postmaster@btinternet.com  it also gets rejected!

0 Ratings
philby
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Basically any email sent to ...@btinternet.com by some users is getting the same rejection

Are those users sending from @outlook.com addresses?

I sent headers to Postmaster too...pointless!

philby

0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Hi philby and Dorsetyahoo  -  Just had a fruitless online chat with BT.  Usual handwashing exercise.  Absolutely nothing wrong with BT apparently.  It's all Outlook's fault. I was told "BT has nothing to do with Outlook which is third party." 

No point discussing with those robots I think.

Gerry

0 Ratings
philby
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Yes, the problem is getting past comedy first-level 'support' at both BT and MS - the MS chap I spoke to seemed to want to think I had at least 45000 problems that were not the exact problem I had explained to him 50 times.

Clearly BT are blocking @outlook.com incomings and should explain why this is happening.

0 Ratings
philby
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

This is still happening.

Four different outlook.com accounts.
None of them can reach any @btinternet.com addresses.

Doesn't matter what device / mail client these are sent from.
Doesn't matter how I'm connected to internet.

No response after sending details top Postmaster.

Is anyone from BT likely to comment on this?

0 Ratings
Dorsetyahoo
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

I have experienced the same using two totally different ISPs and sending to btinternet.com accounts from windows mail.  No outlook in sight.

0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Shocking customer service and after over 20 years I'm ready to jump ship if there's no response soon.
0 Ratings