cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Is there a way of stopping emails being 'checked' once we have read them?

Go to solution

Hi,

With the new email system, once I have read an email in my inbox it now automatically puts a tick in the box once i close the email. This is so frustrating, if i forget to untick it it ends up being deleted when i delete another email, or gets moved to a folder when I move another email.

I leave emails in my inbox until i have finished with them - for example something I need to remember to deal with - if i stick it away in a folder i will forget to deal with it. Or an email relating to tracking info for a parcel - i leave them in my inbox until the parcel arrives.

The old system never automatically put a tick in the box just because you had read the email, now, unless I remember to untick the message it ends up in another folder or the trash by accident, simply because it was automatically ticked.

I have looked in the settings, but cannot find an option to stop this auto ticking of mail. Is the option hidden somewhere? If not, could we please have that option in the future?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is there a way of stopping emails being 'checked' once we have read them?

Go to solution

@stevie22b 

If you click the folder name in the list on the left rather than "Exit" at the top of the mail, the email is left unchecked.

At least this is the case with my laptop/windows 10/chrome set-up. 

Or if you open the second mail before deleting or moving it, the first gets unchecked. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is there a way of stopping emails being 'checked' once we have read them?

Go to solution

Thanks Peter,

Clicking the inbox folder name rather than exit done the trick! Much appreciated.