cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Is this a scam

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have received this mail more than once, is it a scam, or genuine?

BT Account Notice

Dear BT User

We emailed you last month to let you know about changes we are making to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. These changes are key steps towards creating what's next for our consumers, like you, while empowering them with transparency and controls over how and when their data is used.

You can learn more about what these policies mean for you here, as well as more about the changes in our FAQs.
In order to continue to access your BTInternet Mail account after August17th 2021, you will need to confirm you accept the Terms of Service. We also need a few moments of your time to explain how we manage your data and provide you with some choices in relation to the processing of that data.

Secure your account

If you do not want the new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy to apply to you, you will no longer be able to access your account from August 17th, 2021. If you would like the contents of your email account, you may obtain a copy of your data by clicking here.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Thanks for choosing BT Cloud Phone.

The BT Corporate Mark is a registered trademark of British Telecommunications plc.
BT Cloud Phone is a trademark of British Telecommunications plc.
© 2021 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved.
RingCentral and the RingCentral logo are trademarks of Ring
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is this a scam

Go to solution

It's a scam, delete it. Do not click on any links.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Further, I don't think I have ever received a communication from BT to  "BT User". All communications contain my correct name.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Beginner?

Go to solution

I built my first computer in the very early 80s. I programmed in Z80 machine code, Comal, Cobol, Basic, Pascal, DBII, Foxpro. Python!

I used bulletin boards befbre emails existed, I connected to the world through a 2400 baud modem to connectand pulled all my hair out waiting for it. Moved onto CP/M then onto 16 bit machines dominated by micro$oft.

Used Compuserve as a reliable email server and they left me, not the other way round.

Got bt email when it became available have used it ever since but prefer pop3.

I'm now 81, run three computers, Win7, win10 but the Primary machine runs Linux

I used Netscape but stuck with Moziilla and still use Thunderbird and Firefox.

I'm not a beginner!

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Crb999 

I sent you a private message earlier about this.  To view the message check here: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: Beginner?

Go to solution

The "Beginner" status is because you are a "Beginner" on this forum which obviously has no known history about your ability with a computer nor does the forum actually care what any person's ability is because most posters on the forum post because they have a problem or question which they have not been able to resolve/answer themselves regardless of their ability.