Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fansapurkar
Beginner
Message 1 of 33

Issues with Ads. on new yahoo layout

Go to solution

If your yahoo page has recently upgraded to a new look then to disable the ad at the top of your e-mail list you can try and turn your yahoo to basic settings.   

Please find below the steps to do so:  

1. Log in to your BT Yahoo e-mail. 
  2. Move your cursor on the 'Gear' icon on the top right corner of the screen. 
  3. Click on 'Settings' 
  4. Select 'Basic' under the 'Mail Version' option. 
  5. Click on 'Save'. 

This will disable some of the features provided by the newer e-mail layout but will remove the ad from the first line of your e-mail list.

32 REPLIES 32
Fansapurkar
Beginner
Message 2 of 33

Re: Issues with Ads. on new yahoo layout

Go to solution

Fantastic it work for yahoo mails.

0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks for that tip, it works, great, no advert at top of inbox.

ernega01
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

It's a real shame that BT entices you with new features but then insists on embedding ads - the ad on the first line is a real nuisance, why can't we have the option that this ad sits somewhere else on the page, as it has done for many years?  The option to move to the 'basic' screen works, but it's far less friendly.

0 Ratings
PeeEfGee
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution

So, in order to have a reasonable email interface without unsolicited adverts I have to disable features! Marvellous, what poor customer service. I pay for Broadband so I don't expect to be subjected to adverts I don't want.

I changed the settings to opt out of all adverts and that had absolutely no effect, in fact there was no response from submitting the change.

Finally, I am finding intrusive adverts at the top of my mail for Gambling and Loans. How irresponsible can you be?

This plus the very poor performance of Yahoo Mail on the BT platform is convincing me I need to move ove over to another provier.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution
Where you will also continue to get adverts if you persist in using webmail!
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

It does amuse me when BT plaster web mail with adverts but then tell you to use a mail client to get rid of it. If you want to use webmail the easier solution is to change our browser to Firefox where you can block all adverts.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution
BT tell you nothing, it is just customers like yourself that promote the use of mail clients due to their superiority over webmail.
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

Actually they do, when I complained I was told use an email client, I was actually offered advice on how to set it up I was also told about changing the browser.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution
Glad to hear that BT are giving out good advice if that is the case.