Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delmuffy
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Keeping my btinternet email

Go to solution
I am leaving BT internet but want to keep my BT email as I've had it for a number of years. My dad has BT internet but uses none of his BT email addresses - can I add my email to his account?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Keeping my btinternet email

Go to solution

Yes you can have it linked or associate  to your dad's account depending on which BT email system you are both on.

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44864/~/can-i-link-my-existing-bt-mail-address-to-an...

It will take a moderator to do this for you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @delmuffy

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

This isn't something the community will be able to help with as @gg30340 has pointed out however we should be able to sort that out for you.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @delmuffy,

As you know, I wasn't able to move your email over to the other account you mentioned. I'd like you to know that your Premium Mail account has been set up. I'm in the process of having any charges on it removed so that it'll effectively be a free account. Once this is done, I'll post up here to let you know and I'll have the account number posted to you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
delmuffy
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you for your help Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @delmuffy.

Happy to help Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @delmuffy,

Your Premium Mail account has been fully set up as a free account now. I'm arranging to have the account number sent out to you in the post so you can add it to your BT ID if needed Smiley Very Happy

Do you need any other help at all or are you happy to close your case?

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
delmuffy
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Hello, that's fantastic - thank you for your help Smiley Happy
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @delmuffy.

I've asked for the account number to be posted to you. It can take 7 days to get to you.

Take care and have a great day Smiley Very Happy

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
delmuffy
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Hello, sorry to trouble you but I've just received a bill for the premium account - I thought it had been set up as a free account. Can you help? Thank you
0 Ratings