cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 2 of 72

Keeps asking for Password then will not send or receive

I use Outlook 2013 and over the past two weeks my btinternet email has been repeatably asking me for my password and fails to send or receive emails.  The same client also send btconnect emails with no problems at all.  I have read many so called fixes of resetting passwords, logging into webmail turning of virus checkers etc etc but nothing seems to wrok

I am at a loss on what to do as I having a btconnect business I pay for the btinternet email separately so my old contacts and clients can get me, therefore BT business tells me its nothing to do with them.

Anyone else had this problem with btinternet mail/outlook 2013 and had any joy fixing it?

0 Ratings
71 REPLIES 71
Highlighted
Message 1 of 72

Re: Cannot access to btinternet emails now - keep asking for password

I use Outlook 2013 and over the past two weeks my btinternet email has been repeatably asking me for my password and fails to send or receive emails.  The same client also send btconnect emails with no problems at all.  I have read many so called fixes of resetting passwords, logghing into webmail turning of virus checkers etc etc but nothing seems to wrok

I am at a loss on what to do as I having a btconnect business acocount I pay for the btinternet email seperately so my old contacts and clients can get me, therefore BT business tells me its nothing to do with them.

Anyone else had this problem with btinternet mail/outllok 2013 and had any joy fixing it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 72

Re: Keeps asking for Password then will not send or receive

Wish you luck with this.

Current episode has gone on for over a week, but the same issue has cropped up at depressingly regular intervals for at least 10 years.

Sometimes it seems to get sorted for a few hours and then it all starts over again.

A pain in the nether regions.

Alan
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 72

OMG_ I am so pleased I am not alone - BT have driven me CRAZY convincing me that this is an outlook problem, but I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird and that worked for 30 minutes, then guess what - my BT password wasn't accepted

I have changed my password 5 times to NO avail and I even get the pop up box when I am NOT using Outlook - if I am accessing Facebook it pops up - so I fail to see how it can be an outlook problem

I do voluntary work for a charity and this is now becoming a massive problem because I am missing e mails

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 72

I use Windows Live Mail 2012 and the BT Yahoo Email service (if service is still the right word). It has exactly this problem. It has occasionally done this in the past, but since mid December it has been getting worse, and now it can sometimes take me upto about six or eight attempts to access an email account.

I have six BT Yahoo email addresses serving different activities and I used to be able to click once on the send/receive button and the task would be complete. Not now. It will often do just the first two or three and then start getting stuck. I end up getting the last few one at a time with several attempts for each one.

Also, is BT ever going to finish the migration from BT Yahoo to BT's own email service? For a communications company there is a spectacular lack of communication.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 72

Ok - hopefully you will do as I have done - I e mailed the CEO last night and have received a reply this morning saying they will get someone to call me to "fix it" 

I don't believe they will be able to " fix it" 

edited by mod 

would be grateful if you could e mail and re-post if you get a response

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 72

Hi Had a phone call from a lady called Sue in the Chairmans office at 11 am today - she is keen to try and sort this problem nad has assured me she will speak to the technical department ( those in the chairmans office department - not overseas) and has said she will call me back on wednesday which she hopes will give her time to get some information - so I remain hopeful that she will call as - becuase if she doesn't  I'll be calling them again and agian!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 72

hi

sounds encouraging !

ive had this issue ongoing for years, and im so fed up of the useless indian call centre , who simply dont accept there is an issue, especially If you mention OUTLOOK     'WE DONT SUPPORT OUTLOOK'

crazy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 72

like others , ive had this issue intermittently for years. Occasionally i get to speak to someone who seems to care, and acknowledges there is an outtage (again) with BT server, but once sorted theres no record kept.

so when it happens again its back to square one with the indian call centre, who EVERY time say changing all my passwords will resolve things, which of course  it will not

ive had issues recently in august , october, november, mid december and now ongoing since xmas .

BT  really do need the get a uk based team available to deal with this , as the indian call centre simply go down their checklists, and simply say they do not support outlook. they have no grasp of the fact that outoook has to communicate with the bt server , and that its the BT server at fault

i have 5 different BT email addresses set up in group send receive. all of  them either fail or succeeed in getting through to the bt server randomly during send/receive   SO CLEARLY MY EMAIL SETTINGS ARE NOT AT FAULT since  i am able to send/receive intermittently

but i want to leave outlook turned on, so i can react to emails as they arrive

but as others know, im then bombarded by requests to re-enter passwords or error messages

i have sent copies of my error messages to BT which refer to 'server error'  or 'server unavailable'  etc , but to no avail.

so i have to turn outlook off , and switch on from time to time.

its a disgracefull situation, no doubt caused by BTs  disastrous 'server migration' which apparently went wrong ages ago and still not resolved

im now seriously looking at leaving BT after 40 odd years of custom.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 72

Yes, what you say is depressingly familiar.

Year after year after year and still nothimg  resolved nor acknowledged.

As you point out the Indian call centre is basically as much use as a chocloate teapot as they seem to have, basically, only a few, generally irrelevant responses, regardless of the original query.

1 - Change your passwords.

2 - Reboot your computer

3 - Reboot your router.

4 - Reinstall your software / av software.

In effect, the whole thing is our fault, not theirs in any way shape or form!

If, exceptionally, you can get transferred to second level support you will generally get an intelligent and useful response.  However, getting there is something of a Herculean task!

Alan
0 Ratings