Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Kindle Fire HD8 2018 Trying to Connect BT Email

Go to solution

Just received my new KINDLE FIRE HD8 today, no problem connect with my personal Yahoo email with the Yahoo App, but then I wanted to connect my BT Email account which is my main email, I have been at it for hours and no success. Tried all the Google suggestions and no success.

I can see many previous problems but nothing up to date in 2018.

It would be so much easier if one Kindle App dealt with BT Email every other email seems to be there, or why does BT not have a simple app, I will be lost without BT Email which I use all day long.

Can anyone help please!

John

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Kindle Fire HD8 2018 Trying to Connect BT Email

Go to solution

Is there not a generic mail app and manual option to set up a mail account?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@jaybs1 wrote:

Just received my new KINDLE FIRE HD8 today, no problem connect with my personal Yahoo email with the Yahoo App, but then I wanted to connect my BT Email account which is my main email, I have been at it for hours and no success. Tried all the Google suggestions and no success.

I can see many previous problems but nothing up to date in 2018.

It would be so much easier if one Kindle App dealt with BT Email every other email seems to be there, or why does BT not have a simple app, I will be lost without BT Email which I use all day long.

Can anyone help please!

John

Hi John.

Can you say what you've actually tried with regard settings? What did Google say?

There are 2 types of BT email, BTYahoo and BT Mail - one can work with Yahoo settings, the other cannot. Both types should actually use the same proper settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for your response it is appreciated! I am using BT Mail, as I said I can't understand now with the numbers who use Kindle why there is no BT App, I have read that the settings on the 2018 Kindle Fire HD 8 are not correct of their genric email setting? Also searchig on Google you find that many different solutions, I feel I changed something on SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)  but I can't find that on my settings.

I do not remember any problems with my Kindle 7 setting up? as I said before I can't understand why no email app accepts BT but they accept all the others.

Chatted online with someone at BT last night for quite a long period (in Asia) they were telling me to go to setting which are not on the Kindle Fire HD 8? even when they transfered me to a supervisor we got no fruther and he just gave me a BT link which also did not seem to relate to the Kindle Fire HD 8, I am keeping my Kindle 7 going at present kist for email.

Thanks John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Yes I am using the Kindle Fire HD 8 generic email, it just asked me for my email address and password, it then will no connect? and I started to look at advanced settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Its now saying my BT email address or password is incorrect and I know they are correct?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Delete the account and set it up again manually using the advanced option using the settings here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Amazon talked me through it late last night, and I am now connected with BT Email, the instructions from BT would never have connected me, I appreciate the response from those who replied.

Thanks John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Could you elaborate please as to which instructions would never have connected.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, am struggling with this too. What were Amazon's instructions?

Many thanks

0 Ratings