Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Springfields
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Kindle Fire and emails

Hello,

I may be in the wrong place here, but can anyone tell us how to SEND emails on our new Kindle fire?  We can receive them fine. We have a desktop with XP and use Outlook Express; we are with BT Broadband.  We thought we'd done everything correctly, but obviously not.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Kindle Fire and emails

If its the standard Kindle email you are using and are happy with POP3 set up try these settings. (Obviously user name and password are your own BTYahoo ones). You may have used this set up

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN4717&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

If so just check the settings are the same as below.

Incoming:

Username : xxxx@btinternet.com

Password: xxxxxxxx

POP3 Server: mail.btinternet.com

Security: None

Port:110

Delete from server: Up to you

Outgoing:

SMTP Server: mail.btinternet.com

Security type: None

Port: 25

Require Sign in (Tick box)

User Name: xxxxx@btinternet.com

Password:xxxxxxx

Springfields
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thanks very much...I've just tried that and it doesn't seem to work...it just keeps coming up with Delete Account from Device....and there's a Remove Account Box, presumably for me to 'click' on?  Why would I want to remove it please?  And when I changed it to port 25 it just kept going back to 587 or whatever it was...I've even forgotten that now!  I think it's addling my brain...we've been struggling for over three weeks now....  Thanks for trying....I'll keep at it and see what happens next.

Regards

VC

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

are you trying to send email from you btinternet account on the kindle - or is it another email account?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Try deleting account and set it up again. Passwords and usernames can be case sensitive so make sure you are entering them correctly. port 587 can be used instead of port 25 if its not accepted.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

You could alsp download the Yahoo mail app if its available at the Amazon app store. It is easy to set up and works well.
0 Ratings
Springfields
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Yes, we only have the one account and that's with BT but our emails are not Yahoo. We are not very techie! thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

If your email is not with btyahoo you will need to have it verified so that you can send emails from it through btyahoo.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

if you only have a btinternet account then there is no need to verify.  only 3rd party email accounts being sent from your btinternet email account need verified

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings