Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Leaving BT BB - want to keep @btinternet.com mail addresses

Hullo

We are leaving BT BB (long story) but should like to retain the BT mail addresses. One, the primary, is mine and the other my wife's, which is a subaccount of mine. 

I think we go into a 90 day pay as you go/webmail phase but then have to sign up for BT Yahoo Premium mail at £1.50 ish a month.  When I look at the Premium mail set up stuff I can only see how to create new mail accounts, which is obviously not what I want to do.

Can anyone help?  I sem to be missing something fairly basic but at the moment I cannot see how the process of keeping my addresses works.

Thanks

Ken

Beginner

Re: Leaving BT BB - want to keep @btinternet.com mail addresses

[ Edited ]

Useful link: Here I hope it helps.

When I changed my old provider to BT I just notified all my family and friends of my new email address using my new email address without any problems.

The only little problem I had, and it was only little, was changing all my registered accounts to the new email.

So ebay, Marks & Spencer, on-line banking etc.. I had to log in and change my email address to the new one.

To me an old email address is not important whilst a new email address is quite exciting and stops any old spam emails that you used to get. A new email and notifying everyone in your address book re-kindles your contacts and lets everyone know that you are still around even if it is just "Dear xxx Here is my new email address".

There are many free email accounts available including Microsoft live mail, google mail (gmail) to name two.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a fault then the fault is your end.
Recognised Expert

The other option could be to take out a non IPS email address and to use your 90 day grace period to migrate all those you want to keep in tough with to your new address. Then if you move ISP again you wont have the problem again.
Contributor

Hi  KenWilk1461,

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=26502

You either should follow the link provided or call the Premium Mail team on 0808 100 6778 (Option 3) and setup a DD to keep the account.

Cheers

Conz81

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Cheers
Conz81

Aspiring Expert

Since the launch of Gmail I've never used any ISP based mail. I can swap my BB anytime I like without loss of comms, and every new account get redirected to Gmail
Beginner

Thanks Conz81. The phone number was very useful.  After a long chat with the chap at the end of that number the process I now know is like this, which may help others:

1  BT Broadband ceases.

2  Enter 90 day "grace period".

3  After about a fortnight from BB ending up to the end of the grace period you can call 0800 633 5335 and pick option 3.  That gets you into setting up a DD for the mail addresses you still want.  £1.54 per e-mail address.

Ken

Contributor

ChrisC wrote:
Since the launch of Gmail I've never used any ISP based mail. I can swap my BB anytime I like without loss of comms, and every new account get redirected to Gmail

I have the same setup as you Chris, its so much easier to maintain

Contributor

Your welcome Ken,

Glad I was able to help!

Conz81

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Cheers
Conz81