Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robster1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Left BT how do I sign up for premium email

Go to solution

Just Left BT broadband for another provider and want to sign up for premium email, anyone know how to do this please, been all round the website and cannot find a way to do it.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Left BT how do I sign up for premium email

Go to solution

To be honest, I'm not sure why you would want to when you can get a free email address and 15GB of storage from Gmail but if you still want BT Premium then go here https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

If the Smart Hub 2 is BT's best hub yet then what does that say about its predecessors ?
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @robster1   This from the BT Email Products page.

Premium email costs £7.50 a month.

It's a lot like Standard email but you don't have to buy BT Broadband to get it. You'll need to pay the monthly fee by direct debit.

With Premium you get

• Only BT ads
  • Protection from viruses, spam and phishing
  • UK-based tech support
  • Up to 11 email addresses for you/ others
  • Unlimited storage

It's a great choice if...

• You cancel BT Broadband but want to keep your email with all the same features
  • You've been given an email address that's linked to someone else's broadband, and want a separate account
  • You have Basic email and want to upgrade

To get Premium email you need to live in the UK and have a UK bank account. 

If you have Premium and you're moving abroad please contact us.

To order Premium

1. Log in to My BT
  2. Click on Your Products > Email > Manage

What you see next depends on why you're switching:

If broadband has been cancelled you'll see Move to Premium email. Click this and place your order.

If your email was set up by someone else with BT Email you'll see Move to Premium email. Click this and place your order.

If you're on Basic email you'll see Upgrade your email service. Click here, choose Buy Premium email and place your order.

You'll get an email within 24 hours to confirm your order. While we're switching your account to Premium you'll be able to use your email as normal.

Need a hand? 

If you don't have a BT ID or you don't see an option to move to Premium, you may not be able to get it.

For help or to cancel your Premium email call 0808 100 6778, Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6pm.

robster1
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Been through all of those options, my broadband only ended yesterday, but can’t see anywhere an option for premium mail, I want to keep it as I have a lot of stored/saved emails

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You don't need to have premium mail to retain your old emails. Just install a mail client such as Thunderbird, configure it as IMAP and all your mail will be downloaded to your PC. Move the mail to offline folders in Thunderbird so they don't get deleted. 

Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I suspect you might have to wait a little longer until BT have updated your MyBT page but I would do as advised by @licquorice and open a free Gmail account, Two birds with one stone and all that (keeping your emails and saving £7.50 a month and getting 15GB free cloud storage) ooh wait, that's three birds with one stone 😁

If the Smart Hub 2 is BT's best hub yet then what does that say about its predecessors ?
0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@robster1 

Funny enough, I just stumbled upon this if you're still interested https://my.bt.com/keepmyemail

0 Ratings