Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winander
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Link e-mail to BT ID

Go to solution

I have had a @btinternet.com account for more than 10 years and normally download my mail using Outlook. All has worked well for a long time, however I am concerned that some messages are being intercepted by the high level spam filter so thought I'd try to log on to webmail. I logged onto my BT account using my BT ID and can see my bills etc. However when I tried to log onto my e-mail account I received a "wrong password" message. I clicked on the "forgot password" link and reset my password but I still can't access my e-mail. I've tried to go into the "manage email" facility and link the only e-mail account that I have to my BT ID, but it won't let me as............it tells me I've entered the wrong password! If I click on the "forgotten password" link it invites me to reset my BT ID password, which I've already done once tonight. I'm getting a little frustrated! Can anybody help me? Thank you in anticipation.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Winander
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

I normally access my BT e-mail using Outlook but have tried to use the webmail facility, which I haven't done for some time. I am able to login to my BT account using my BT ID and can see my bill and all my account details, however when I try to log into my e-mail account it says incorrect password. I clicked on the "forgotten my password" link and was invited to change my BT ID password which I've done. However, still can't access the only e-mail account I have and if I go into the "manage e-mail" facility, I cannot link my sole e-mail account to my BT ID as everytime I try it says I using the wrong password. Can anybody help me? Thanks.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Email

Go to solution

@Winander Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having difficulty resetting your email password. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Winander

Thanks for taking my call earlier in the week. I tried calling today sorry I missed you.

I'll be in touch next week with a further update.

Cheers

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Winander
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Stuart, Thanks for all your assistance. I think we're "nearly there" and look forward to hearing from your colleague. Cheers Nigel

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Winander,

I believe that would be me Smiley Happy

Have you attempted to change the BT ID username since speaking with Stu?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Winander
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Daniel, All sorted! Many thanks for resolving the issue entirely. Please pass on my thanks to Stuart too. Really appreciate your assistance. Just about click on the "thumbs up" and "mark as an accepted solution.  Excellent customer service!

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Winander,

You are more than welcome. I'm happy that I was able to help you Smiley Happy

I'll make sure @StuartH knows when he's back tomorrow.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings