Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paddyh
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Linking BT Yahoo email account to new BT Broadband account

Hi

Last week I received an e-mail advising me to link my BT Yahoo email address to my BT Broadband account (otherwise I would lose it).  I completed the online form requesting the link and received confirmation that my request had been received. Trouble is, I've heard nothing since.

Emails to BT Customer Support have been fruitless (not sure they understood the basic query).  Does anyone know how long it takes to link an e-mail account? I wondered if there might be a problem as my BT Yahoo email address is a sub account (my ex was the primary account holder).  Very concerned as I really do need to keep the BT Yahoo address.

Many thanks!

Paddy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Linking BT Yahoo email account to new BT Broadband account

Welcome to the minefield that BT emails have become recently Paddyh. I'm not sure how to help you in your particular problem but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will jump in. If you care to do a search in this forum for email problems you will find many others with problems caused probably by the move of BT emails from Yahoo to another third party provider.

I wish you luck.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Your Yahoo email should be a primary account holder especially if you have your own BT contract.

I have been with BT since 2012 and have never been asked to link the Yahoo email to anything - I access MyBT using a hotmail id. The only linking I have done is to enable emails to be forwarded from Yahoo to Hotmail.

This sounds like a job for the Mods to convert your "sub" details to a primary account holder.

paddyh
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks very much for the replies. My BT Yahoo account was set up years ago (as a sub account). I have only just opened a BT Broadband account. I emailed BT customer services earlier and have been assured the account will be linked within 48 hours. We shall see! Must say, judging by communications so far, I'm not very hopeful...
0 Ratings