Go to solution

Be careful what you wish for!!

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 175

Re: Links in emails not opening in new browser tabs

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

But whatever happens in the update, it won't effect you and your fancy email client, just us backward folk who use WebMail  😂

Message 43 of 175

Go to solution
Thanks, hope the next update is soon...but in the meantime, your advice works, so thanks for that
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 175

Go to solution

@Stephen5000 wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

But whatever happens in the update, it won't effect you and your fancy email client, just us backward folk who use WebMail  😂

At last.. you recognise the folly of your ways!

Message 45 of 175

Go to solution

@ARwrote:

I notice that in one your posts @Sue036 you refer to something being interesting and worth investigating; was it a possible solution?

It wasn't anything very interesting, just that my Logitech M185 mouse has a scroll wheel that doesn't click and other apparently identical M185s have scroll wheels that do click. I have tried to discuss this with Logitech but they are not replying. I'm not sure now if I want to bother pursuing this as (a) it's not clear if using a 'middle click' will force a link to open in a new tab - seems to for some people and not for others - and (b) BT are planning to fix the original problem.

Message 46 of 175

Go to solution
Thanks for taking the time to clarify.
I appreciate it.
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 175

Go to solution
Ditto Sue, sick of this and we're paying for it. Clicking on a link always opened in a new tab. Now if I forget and automatically click, it closes my email page and I have to come back, so annoying.
Message 48 of 175

Go to solution

@indigobluewrote:
Ditto Sue, sick of this and we're paying for it. Clicking on a link always opened in a new tab. Now if I forget and automatically click, it closes my email page and I have to come back, so annoying.

In case you haven't read the full thread, BT have now identified the fault and are planning to fix it. 

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 175

Go to solution

@indigobluewrote:

BT have fessed up that there's a fault, and, that they'll be working on fixing it - I really don't see the point of complaining further. Still, if it gets it off your chest and makes you happy, you go for it...

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 175

Go to solution
Thanks Sue. You could also have pointed out that we have no choice other than webmail from BT, once you stop using them. We pay monthly for keeping the email address, which as you said, changing is not an option because of the upheaval. Basically they have us over a barrel!