cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 175

Re: Links in emails not opening in new browser tabs

Go to solution

@Molly4wrote:
I personally reported the problem to BT one week ago on the 9th. It was reported by this forum on the 11th. So how much longer do we have to wait for a recognised fault to be fixed?

Good to see you acknowledge that the fault only got reported on the 11th so absolving your 'BT email help' personnel knowing nothing about it prior to that. As for the time potentially taken to fix it, well I posted on this thread a 'BT to do' list on WebMail from over 2 years ago, there are still outstanding issues on it so you need to temper your expectations...

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 175

Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue, and like you I use my webmail on my PC.  It's incredibly annoying.

0 Ratings
Message 113 of 175

Go to solution

@scharterwrote:

Hi  @Sue036  This is bizarre. Clicking on a weblink in the BT Community forums email opens the page over the top of the BT tab, yet I tried links from Daily Telegraph (by mistakes as I forgot about the issue), so tried Lidl, Superdrug, and they all worked fine, opening in a new tab??  Very odd.

I've always had some links open in new tabs, but never figured out how to predict which ones would. Yesterday, for a few minutes, I had everything including the links to this forum opening in new tabs, however I still have the original problem today (one email link has opened in a new tab but no others have so far). I cannot explain that and I am sorry that everyone's hopes were raised!

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 175

Go to solution

@Sue036wrote:

... I am sorry that everyone's hopes were raised!

No hopes were raised, this is BT, if it's sorted within the next 12 months, that would be a result!

Message 115 of 175

Go to solution

I'm not expecting a quick response. I've been waiting a year for one fix. It doesn't help when today I am advised by their help desk that they themselves were ok with the workaround for opening the link and had got used to it !

Message 116 of 175

Go to solution

I have noticed that recently if you open WebMail in a private window, you no longer get the 'accept cookies' pop up which you always got. I wonder if they have been fettling under the hood and it's effected other functionality?

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 175

Go to solution

Surely not 😃😃

Message 118 of 175

Go to solution

I was quite happy on free email until for work reasons I had to have a business account and there is no free email on that.  So, now I have to pay so that I can keep my bt email addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 175

Go to solution

Yes, this is a typical example of the BT mail team going their own sweet way without a thought of the impact of their "improvements" on their paying customers. What happened to advance warning, testing, and quality control ? Another £7.50 please !

Sorry, cross out the please, we will take it regardless of the inconvenience this will cause you.

And, what's worse is they are not going to rush to correct it.

Message 120 of 175

Go to solution

@heather6 wrote:

I was quite happy on free email until for work reasons I had to have a business account and there is no free email on that.  So, now I have to pay so that I can keep my bt email addresses.

No you don't if you only want webmail.