Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJD65
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Locked Out BT Yahoo email and My BT for a week now with no sign of resolution

Go to solution

Has anyone any experience with similar issues?  Last Thursday on attempting to read emails nothing was working.  Attempting to log in via My BT experienced "We've protected your account for your security" message.  Great, someone is looking after me!  Clicked on link for resetting and presented with security question, remembered the answer and entered and presented screen with screen "2 of 4" for resetting 3 email address passwords - all addresses I recognised as mine (one @btopenworld.com, my everyday account I've used for many years, and 2x @btinternet.com accounts I've  been gifted or had to set up on rejoining BT) no combination of same or different passwords for these accounts would be accepted with third account (one I never actually use) always coming back with message telling me password change didn't work try again later.  All well and good but one week later and after calling / messaging BT support every day I am no further forward and on every contact end up going through same loop with call agent, who tries, unsuccessfully, to reset passwords their end, with same result.  Various supervisors have been involved and always express greatest sympathies and promise to resolve and call back the next day.  Call backs either never happen or 1st line agents call back to ask what the problem is and it all starts again.

Sorry I realise this is a long post but does anyone recognise any of the symptoms?  Can anyone offer advice as to how to escalate this within the BT organisation.  Is there anyone from BT monitoring who can help (I can offer a complaint reference).  Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Re: Locked Out BT Yahoo email and My BT for a week now with no sign of resolution

Go to solution

Hi @BJD65 and welcome.

Thanks for posting about your email issue. I'm sorry there hasn't been a resolution for this. I'll be happy to take a look into this for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage. Just drop me over a reply with the details and we’ll check it out.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
BJD65
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: Locked Out BT Yahoo email and My BT for a week now with no sign of resolution

Go to solution
Thanks David. I have replied to your message. I hope you can help.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

No problem @BJD65. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @BJD65,

Thanks for letting me know that you are able to get back into your emails. 

Glad we were able to get this sorted for you but we wouldn't have been able to without @DanielS doing some magic in the background 🙂

Cheers 

Matt

0 Ratings
BJD65
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks again to team effort from @Matt-S , @DanielS  and @DavidM .  After a week of bouncing around various BT departments I was beginning to give up hope but you guys grabbed the problem by the horns and solved it within a day.