cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Locked out - completely baffled!

sad that we have to go to all this rigmarole. Wish they would use alternate email contact....or is that too simple (sky.com....which works! )
0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Joke of the week.....we are all suffering from non working email. Despite reporting it to staff in India, Live Chat and on here, the saga continues. I just love it when you report having forgotten BT ID or password.....we have sent you an email to......the email that you cant get to work........still, only another 24 hours to go of the 48 hrs it will take them to DEFINITELY fix it this time....first it was 4 days....then 2 days....then another stint of two days, but referred to in hours 24 -48.......wonderful service......NOT ! Has anyone actually put pen to paper and written to Customer Service in Durham....I'd love to hear the UK response.
0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

ALIEN BT ID CREATED

Sent this as a PM to JOHNC2 as I blieve he has the onerous responsibility of my complaint file.......this is just for information of those who ask for help and might finish up the same as me.

John....

NeilO apparently passed me to you. Problem of ongoing unable to log into or otherwise send/receive email via BT. I have had several chats with staff in India, all promising Tier2 attention, with resolution within 24-48 hrs. The latest adventure with them has resulted in my BT ID, which has always been @*************@btinternet.com being changed to **************@sky.com  Needless to say, several resolution dates have come and gone....with hiccups being created along the way.

While the issue of no access to email was ongoing, I discovered that when trying to log into MY BT   account page and couldnt get in. I again went to the BT chat help and Pratik was the agent I chatted with  He didnt know what was wrong, was unable to get me into my MY BT account page, ...said no tickets had been raised for any of my communications, but that he would now raise it with Tier2.

After chatting to him, and going offline from him, I tried various combinations of BT ID and password that he had issued. I eventually discovered that I could log into my MY BT account using my **************@sky.com email address as my BT ID, in conjunction with the password he created for me. I have since changed the "generic" password for something only I know.  The sky.com email was one I had listed in my account as an alternate email point of contact. Someone has now altered my BT ID to the sky.com configuration.

It might be helpful if you could advise India technicians what has happened, suggest that they restore my BT ID to **************@btinternet, and do whatever needs to be done to create access to my **************@btinternet.com email box. It would be very helpful if those trying to contact me would do so using the email,   **************@sky.com as obviously my btinternet email is not working. Email is preferable to phone contact as I am deaf and dont use phones. Being deaf is also a major reason I need a working email, and all my social and shopping contacts know me via btinternet......I really dont want to start going through the list advising them to change to sky as BT  cant seem to fix my email / and have now cocked up my BT ID  Smiley Happy 

(albeit I have found a way to access my BT account page...shades of Tom Hanks inventing fire in OUTCAST....a strong sense of humour helps in these situations)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jonh46
Contributor
Message 14 of 24

same here since 19th August.  all our email addresses main and sub addresses.  had several call backs saying they will be in touch tomoorow at 8 am with an update.  apparently problem lies with BTs supplier and I she said a great of addresses affected addresses affected.  Apparently the accounts are shown as deactivated. She said it may be some time before the problem is rectified.

John

0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

I saw another poster indicating that suppliers he uses have now intimated that someone , using his non-working email, have attempted to make transactions using the "non-working" email address.......now I wonder...who would have access to his bt account, know that he cant use it, but they sneakily use it to try some frauds........makes you wonder....suggest you all go through your various contacts, log on, and change your email details to a secure email that is not having problems
0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Re: ALIEN BT ID CREATED

Despite asking that India send fix instructions via sk.com email, they are still phoning. I AM DEAF.....and have asked in here, and on the help chat window for contact to be via email. My poor wife tried desperately to interpret the recorded message. The end result is I appear to have recreated my original BT ID, but I now have to wait for a pin number to be sent by post to ensure I am the real person.... can someone in the UK please contact whoever the hang is running the show in India and get them to give me instruction via the only email service I have thats working...is that tooo much to ask?? I would have sent this to JohnC 2 direct, but unfortunately his PM service is now showing NOT ENABLED...maybe he is a victim now??
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Hi @NOT_HAPPY1,

@JohnC2's PMs are off as he is out of the office until tomorrow. I've messaged him to let him know that you have been in touch. He'll get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 18 of 24

in an act of desperation I went to yahoo.com started login and clicked forgotten password. Went thru the usual and did a password reset. Went back to yahoo.com main page, clicked onto email and went full blast for a login....it worked....I got into my btinternet.com inbox....40 emails waiting for me, one from USA relative asking me to meet his neice at airport and fix her up for 2 days with accomodation...anyway....that was me able to get my long awaited btinternet.com inbox working......while I was still testing, a girl from INDIA phoned to speak to the deaf man (wife obviously to the call and acted as intermediary)...Girl started to get me to check logging into BT Yahoo and I stopped her ( via the wife) and told her I was, and how, I had accessed my BT Yahoo inbox.....but couldnt do it directly from the BT website if I was logged into MY ACCOUNT and tried the email tab.....that just resulted in the dreaded loop. Told to log out of BT.....did so, and while still on BT.COM page, do not log in, BUT....click onto email tab.....did that and was taken to BtYahoo login page....filled in btinternet address and password...hey presto...I got into BtYahoo inbox again........so...try it....DONT log on to your account, but from the BT.COM page click onto email and see if that works for you. To the girl from INDIA......many thanks for finally coming up with a solution ( albeit I seem to have hit on one before you contacted me by phone)....to fellow posters who tried to help, and the MODS who got involved in the UK.......its nicce to be able to "talk" to friends once again.....many thanks all !!!!!!
0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

addenendum:......couldnt resist trying the email from within MY BT....nope....so what I've done is went to bt.com...clicked onto email...when the login page  came up, created that page  as a favourite....so when I open a new tab and I want to check email...the new favourite ( bt email login icon) is shown, press enter and hey presto, BtYahoo inbox opens up.........that'll do me fine...Thanks again

0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Thanks DanielS...but you'll see from later posts...I might not have invented fire...but I have a fix......many thanks
0 Ratings