cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Locked out of BT email account URGENT

Go to solution

Hi all - I wonder if anyone can help, or if there is a moderator on here who will see this

today I was locked out of my BT email premier account due to ‘suspicious activity’

when I went to log in it asked me to reset my password but first to answer some security questions

one of these was my postcode

i set this account up 20 years ago and have no idea what post code I used then. I pay monthly by direct debit for email only and do not use any other BT services

i now live in the US and so do not have a mobile number associated with the account 

After talking to customer service for 30 minutes today they told me there was nothing they could do, even though I could give them the account number and proof of my direct debit details, a copy of my passport, etc

this is my primary email address and holds absolutely all my contacts and important documents and emails for 20 years

I am also currently in the middle of selling one house and buying another and all correspondence is stored on this account

PLEASE HELP

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Locked out of BT email account URGENT

Go to solution

@Junegriffin1 

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

To get Premium email you need to live in the UK and have a UK bank account. 

If you have Premium and you're moving abroad please contact us.

Did you do that?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Locked out of BT email account URGENT

Go to solution

Hi @Junegriffin1, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you can't access your email account and you've important information in there that you need.

What @Keith_Beddoe  has told you is correct but we'll be happy to see if we can help you get your access back. There is no guarantee but we'll be happy to see what we can do. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get back to the team.

cheers

John 

0 Ratings