cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 241 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Hi @4woodend

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

You don't need to go to the CEO.  We will be able to help you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

@dacle31  You can also send over your details following the steps above and we'll get back to both you guys.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 242 of 490

RobbieMac, thank you for your offer of help.   After 2 weeks of the usual time-wasting BT process my email problems were resolved - and with them my motivation to do something about the absence of customer care provided by BT.   The purpose of my post was simply to support others in fighting against the dreadful service - and to emphasise again the impotence of the average customer.   Ignoring the needs of customers is, however, not a long-term success...

JawsTDK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 243 of 490

Hi Guys, I understand that the email queue is quite long, but is there any indication how long, and how long it is expected to take to fix them individually.  I see some are still down after 3 weeks!!!

I am in a similar situation to Dacle31, where my primary account is OK, but secondary has been stuck for around a week.  I have no way of knowing if I have any important emails waiting for answers.  Is it not possible to have a short term email merge to allow access of stuck emails?

JawsTDK

0 Ratings
dacle31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 244 of 490

Many thanks for the offer of help RobbieMac, however my webmail started to work as of this lunchtime and still seems ok as of 4pm 24/07/16. Will repost if problems arise again. 

0 Ratings
jweaver
Beginner
Message 245 of 490

I just joined up so that I can ask for help.

My Father in law just let us know that his BTInternet mail stopped working on the 19th

I have just logged in with Teamviewer and can clearly see the problem as when trying to "get" mail it asks for a password.

I tried logging onto the BTInternet "portal" and the password wasn't recognised there either.. So I tried to reset it using his security info (DOB, PostCode and Security question) and it says my answers are wrong.

I notice there is a "contact us" link at the top of the page which doesnt work (convenient?)

Is this the same issue that you are discussing in this thread? Any idea how to fix it? Do I need to wait? Or do I need to log a ticket with BT?

Please help. He is 86, and getting distressed as he lives on his own 200 miles from the family, and this is something he relies on to keep in touch!

Jon

Edit: He also gets his mail on his tablet using a POP account and thats not working either, so this pretty much proves its an account level thing, rather than something local to his PC.

0 Ratings
Message 246 of 490

Hi @jweaver Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry your Father in Law can't access his email account and we will be happy to help you with this if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
JWW0011
Beginner
Message 247 of 490

Lost access to primary account following BTID/Mail merge

Hi

When logging on to BT.COM today I was instructed to merge my BT ID and Primary Email, I followed the instructions and used my primary email address as my BT ID and gave them both the same password.

I can connect to bt.com ok with this but the login/password is rejected on my primary email.

I believe my email is still on BT Yahoo but when I try to reset it using those links it refers me to the help desk, after phoning them and waiting for 2 hours they couldn't help me.

I hope you can

regards John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
SonicHawk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 248 of 490

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

Is this thread still active? Surely the problem's been resolved 20 days later?

And I see no 'contact link' as described above.

0 Ratings
JWW0011
Beginner
Message 249 of 490

Re: Lost access to primary account following BTID/Mail merge

After further investigation I managed to finally reset my Primary email password through login.yahoo.com

0 Ratings
MartynFlook
Aspiring Contributor
Message 250 of 490

Back to being locked out, no "Manage eMails", unable to delete Sub accounts.  Complaint now 26 days old, no doubt somebody from level 2 will ring and then pass it back to there backroom, where nothing happens!

0 Ratings