Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Same old loopety-loop!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jonh46
Contributor
Message 332 of 490

Re: Email problem

None of our email accounts here have worked with incorrect passwords for 2 days now. Trying to reset the password is accepted but still not recognised when I try to login.

And my primary email account seems to have been deactivated.

I was told yesterday by the indian call centre that I would get a call back next tuesday from tier 2 support, The lady also tried changing my main account email to no avail.

Just had a phone call from another indian lady to say none of my email accounts would work because of a problem with the Yahoo platform.  She didn't have my wife's email in the list of sub accounts, She said I would now get a call next wed morning.

0 Ratings
angelstar28
Message 333 of 490

hi there, can a moderator please help me - i'm stuck in the login loop and my account has been discontinued or disabled

thanks in advance (i'm registered with an icloud email as its my primary btinternet.com one which is down)

0 Ratings
angelstar28
Message 334 of 490

update - after being on hold for someone for 90 mins+ this evening, being made to jump through the 'let's change the password' hoops despite me telling them it makes no difference, apparently BT are going to call me on Wednesday.

But thanks to the posters on here I just kept insisting on a call from a level 2 team member. I just signed up to superfast (started on Tuesday) which finally reached our area, and now I can't access my emails.

What can I ask BT to do about this - I have just started a business and rely on my primary address for contact? it is going to look really bad if i am not replying to potential clients, and living in a small rural, close knit area its my reputation
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 335 of 490

If email is important to you and you are using it for your business, apart from being against BT's Term & Conditions, you should not rely on a domestic email system. You would be far better getting your own domain with email. It will give you a far better SLA (Service Level Agreement) and provide a better email system than a free domestic service.  

0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 336 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop - SOLVED

Can a moderator please contact me so that you can sort out my mailboxes as well.  I have exactly the same problems i.e. all mailboxes on all devices all stopped working at the same time, and no matter how many calls I make to BT no one calls me back when planned and no one on the phone can help me.

0 Ratings
Message 337 of 490

HI @HeyHey@Rosanna and @angelstar28,

Thanks for posting. I'll be happy to take a look at the email password loop issue for you. Can you send me over the details? You'll get the contact the modrators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 338 of 490

What you should all understand is that whilst your email isn't working, people sending you emails will receive by return an email to say your account is either disabled or discontinued.  What's worse, when you are back up and running you will not know who sent you such emails to enable you to go back and explain your email account is actually still working.

I've been tying, witohut success for over 3 days now to get my accounts back up and running.  Hopeless.  

Moderators, don't you read and share these pages to let BT know what damage they are doing to people's lives and BT's own credibility, and through the latter BT's future profitability.  I for one would be out of here if I didn't have an 18 month contract on the go.  I will, however, be transferring my email accounts to GMAIL over the coming months and then migrate my contacts over to that address.  I will also be telling them why.

😕

0 Ratings
griffin9959
Aspiring Contributor
Message 339 of 490

Can a moderator please contact me so that you can sort out my mailboxes as well.  I have exactly the same problems i.e. all mailboxes on all devices all stopped working at the same time, and no matter how many calls I make to BT no one calls me back when planned and no one on the phone can help me.

0 Ratings
DavidC1954
Aspiring Contributor
Message 340 of 490

Lost access to all Bt email accounts on 19/08 on both Bt web mail and android mail apps.

Get sent to Yahoo logon page - enter password - goes back to logon page (password is accepted as correct because if I enter a wrong password - it tells me!). Have had primary account password re-set by help desk - to no effect.

Looking at the posts here, this problem is not something that can be fixed by the call centre.

Need to be able to contact a mod to sort out my mail boxes.

0 Ratings