cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catherinepaul1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 351 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Thanks Neil. I can't see how to contact you. Can you explain please?
0 Ratings
Message 352 of 490

@Catherinepaul1 if you click on my username the click here to contact the mods link can be found on the left hand side of the page under the about me section.

0 Ratings
MikeL
Contributor
Message 353 of 490

I have this issue but my log from before is still open so I have replied to that. Some questions.

1) Is it possible for a mod to put a forward onto both my primary account and my wife's secondary account?

2) Can BT confirm whether e-mails being sent to our accounts are being stored on the server or are they lost?

3) If they are lost are the senders getting bounce backs?

Regards Mike

Regards Mike
0 Ratings
Message 354 of 490

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

Having exactly the same issues as les56 since August 8th.

Am just about to throw computer out of the window!

No help from India from either level 2 or providers! Hopeless

Is there any sense out there from bt moderators in uk?

Thanks Chris

0 Ratings
Message 355 of 490

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

@Chrisjreed123 We'll be happy to look at this for you. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jjrbg
Message 356 of 490

Hi all,

My elderly grandmother has been having problems logging into her btinternet.com mailbox (via mail.yahoo.com and from a traditional IMAP/SMTP Email client) since Friday. She told me she was going around in circles, repeatedly resetting her password, but getting stuck in a login loop.

I chatted with Level1 support on the bt.custhelp.com which resulted in escalation to Level2. Callback from Level2 was PAINFUL... yet another recommendation to reset the password as "the majority of problems we see are fixed by a password reset". So much for Level2 being experts and adding value above the Level1 team! I found it very difficult to convince her this wasn't another run-of-the-mill password reset ticket, and it was another issue.

After 10 minutes of silence, she finally confimed it was a migration issue related to their supplier, Yahoo, and a support ticket would need to be raised to them. I was told the issue had been ongoing for the previous week, she could give me no indication when it might be resolved, or offer any workaround to access the mailbox in the meantime. I asked if there was any BT or Yahoo online status page describing the issue, so I could track progress - no there isn't.

What a mess - as soon as I mentioned "login loop" to the Level1 support team - this should have been pounced on. Instead of being led down the endless trail of being passed around multiple people who all immediately jump to the conclusion it's the user's fault by not remembering their password.

Can the UK mod's on this forum help my grandmother, and speed along resolution? Is it possible, in the meantime to forward incoming emails to an alternative address?

James (on behalf of Grandma Doris!)

0 Ratings
Message 357 of 490

Hi @jjrbg and welcome.

I'll be happy to lend a hand and see if we can get this sorted out for your Grandma. Can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
mj2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 358 of 490

Re: Email problem

PaddyB - details sent via form and reference is *****-***** Thanks for taking this up.

0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 359 of 490

Your emails are not lost as they never reached your email account. The sender gets a message to say the email account is either disabled or deleted. Good luck in going around everyone you know to let them know you are actually still there and your accounts are active after your problem is finally sorted out.
0 Ratings
Message 360 of 490

Hi @Rosanna and thanks for posting.

I can apprecuate how frustrating this is for you but there are a number of reasons why the password loop occurs which is why we need to look at each case individually. I've checked our email queue and we have received your details and will get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings