cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 361 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

As you will know from my record, and rants, this has affected all my accounts on all devices. My account also responds to inbound mails by saying the account is disabled or deleted. This is not a password problem, this is a server problem. How difficult is that to understand? Indeed, how many days is it acceptable to leave people without their emails? How many none returned calls should we accept? How many times should we have to call to get customer support people who have no idea what we are talking about?

By now you know what the problem is, you know what's causing it, tell people what is going on and get your act together by putting in place an escalated service for customers affected by this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jjrbg
Message 362 of 490

Hi David,

Thanks for your kind offer of help... I have sent you over the details as requested. Let me know if you need any further info.

Cheers,

James

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 363 of 490

@jjrbg wrote:

Hi David,

Thanks for your kind offer of help... I have sent you over the details as requested. Let me know if you need any further info.

Cheers,

James

That is a nice reply to the moderator. I'm sure they moderators will get your problem resolved once they establish which one of the many causes of this problem is relevant to your grandmother's email.

0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 364 of 490

Maybe David hasn't yet spent 4 days calling BT support and getting taken around pointless circles that produce nothing. Also, maybe David hasn't suffered not being called back on 5 seperate occasions despite fervent promises to the contrary. And when support are finally dragged onto the phone they make you delete all your accounts, on all devices, spend another hour going nowhere, for them to then agree you are in fact correct in saying it has nothing to do with passwords but a server issue somewhere. Whereupon they promise to escalate and call you back within another 24 hours, but of course don't.

I'm also guessing that when he complained, the BT complaints department didn't call him back on all the occasions when he said he wouldn't be at home, but none of the times when he said he would. And when given a mobile number by someone in the house didn't actually call the number but sent a text to ask when you would be at home, and then called 30 mins before the agreed time just so they could leave you a sarcastic message.

And of course, he might not be on the 5th day of not having email services for any of his and his wife's email accounts.

I am pleased he is getting the service he expects, and I truly hope be gets a better outcome than I and a lot of other people posting on this site have managed to obtain.
0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 365 of 490

Sorry, should have said James not David.

Btw, is this forum the official BT support site now? This as opposed to trying to call BT direct.
0 Ratings
Message 366 of 490

You are right! This is a complete fiasco for BT!!  I think they really don't care about the fact that they are likely to lose many customers from their broadband nd other services because of this.

They also don't care about the many stressed customers who are probably the older generation like me who were always loyal to BT.  We wait longer!!

0 Ratings
peejayjay
Beginner
Message 367 of 490

My dad, my brother and I are all locked out of our BT Yahoo email accounts and have been since last Friday evening (19 August). These email addresses are a primary BT account and two sub-accounts.

We have chatted to the Indian help desk on the IM program a number of time but to no avail - their only suggestion is to reset passwords, which is not a solution. I reset my password and am able to log into My BT for my account and can also access the Yahoo frontpage; it then all goes awry when I try to access the webmail site. Hence why it is not a password issue. I was due a call back for "Tier 2 support" within 24 hours, and that timeframe has no come and gone with no return call (so much for customer service!).

I have tried logging on in various manners. When accessing on a desktop browser (both IE and Chrome) and Safari on my ipad, I just get stuck in the login loop people are describing. The mail app on my ipad no longer sends/receives emails and says there is a connection error. When accessing on my Windows phone via the browser, I can log in but it is just to a blank screen - no emails and no error messages. Similarly, I also tried downloading the Yahoo Mail app to my ipad; I can log in but then it says there is an error and can't get my emails.

I have tried so many different methods of access, as has my dad, and we have got no-where. Having now seen the various posts here, I can see this is likely a BT/Yahoo issue and not an error with my setup. Please could someone kindly flag this to the Moderators so that they can look into the problem? Being without email for this long is frustrating (as it is connected to everything in this day and age) and the service from BT is seemingly non-existent. My dad, having been a BT broadband customer for 15+ years, is now so fed up he is talking about leaving.

Any assistance much appreciated,

Paul

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 368 of 490

Hi,

i'm in the same position no access to emails since last Friday. About a month ago my passwords would not work and when resetting them had a message about having to link email accounts to MY BT ID and failure to do so would result in the accounts being disabled after 30 days. When looking then at the Email in MY BT all my accounts were listed and linked to MY BT ID so didn't seem to be anything I could do. 

The 30 days must have been up last Friday, d'oh. The BT Email checker says I'm on BT MAIL and the Email part of MY BT says I'm on BT YAHOO MAIL. Any emails sent to our accounts are bounced with message account is Disabled or discontinued. I can't believe we have to all report this problem, BT or YAHOO must be able to find out whose accounts need reactivating and just reactivate them.

If I try to log in at bt.com/mail it takes me to reactivate.mail.yahoo and the link there takes me to YAHOO help, reasearching for reactivate takes my to the yahoo sign in helper but trying that just takes me to the BT change password page. Even if I change the password I still can't access emails.

I wonder what BT will do when the monthly your bill is due email gets bounced back?

I have spoken to level 2 BT Email support and they confirmed many people have this problem and it can be resolved but they have to pass individual details to YAHOO to get it resolved.

Ade

0 Ratings
Message 369 of 490

@peejayjay and @Addy I'm sorry to see you're having issues accessing your email. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
SLB1972
Beginner
Message 370 of 490

Myself and my dad have had no access to our bt email since last Friday.  We usually access them on our ipad, but I noticed it was saying the password settings were incorrect, when they obviously weren't.  I tried resetting both our passwords on the email accounts, and had to change them numerous times as they kept saying they were incorrect.

Eventually managed to log in, but just keep getting a screen saying`Continue reactivating your account by contacting customer care.'  I click on the link but it just keeps going round in circles asking for passwords again!  When I try clicking on the mail tab that I can see it just keeps looping round to the same error message. Can't access email on the ipad either as it now says the password is incorrect (which it isn't!!!!!)

Friday night spent first online chatting, then someone phoned me.  They told me that it was a Yahoo issue with the server (however when I checked what mail service I was on via the email address I was told I was on BT mail services?) .  Was promised a call back Monday night between 5-7pm, and came home yesterday to find a message on my answerphone at 1.55pm saying they would call my mobile (which didn't happen).  Why can't they just call back when promised.  I obviously requested a call back at a specific time because I was at work!

Then received a text last night saying they would contact me this morning, however I texted them back and requested they call tonight between 5-7pm however do not hold out much hope.

We need access to our emails now!!!  This needs looking into as it is totally unacceptable to be without access for this long.  Very very annoyed 

0 Ratings