cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peejayjay
Beginner
Message 371 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

@NeilO Many thanks for getting in touch - I have contacted the mods as you suggest. Hopefully someone will be able to assist.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 372 of 490

Hi @SLB1972 Sorry that you are having trouble accessing your email account and you are not been contacted back at the agreed time.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
MikeL
Contributor
Message 373 of 490

Hi,

I had this issue on the 8th August which was fixed but it is back again. I have replied to the e-mail with the log reference that I received regarding this initial fix. Those who post on here and get the invite to contact mods at least know someone is looking at it for them. But I havn't any feedback to say I am in the queue to have this looked at again as I understand it has to be done on an individual basis. In addition it only affected my master account the 1st time but this time it is affecting a sub account. Since this the 4th day without e-mails having some indication that I am in the queue would help.

Regards Mike

Regards Mike
0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 374 of 490

Yes, we are so sorry we'll take you down the same route as everyone else, waste your time, not return calls and not actually fix your problem, like we're not fixing anyone else's.

Mind you, we will tell you there are lots of different reasons for this issue and although it all happened to all of you, at the same time, and in same way and to many others before you, we won't actually do anything proactive to help you, nor anyone else who might be affected. Indeed, you must be one of the first people EVER have this problem.

5 days, 5 no call backs, still waiting for a resolution, including from the Moderators here. BT should be ashamed of itself.
0 Ratings
mj2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 375 of 490

Day 15 - I think....I am losing count. No emails for 4 family members and it's becoming frustrating.

Everyday I come home from work, hoping. But alas no.

Mods - we all appreciate your help but I think we also need to know where we all are in the queue - so that we can at least have some expectation of a resolution date. 

Compensation from BT anyone?

It's good to talk.

0 Ratings
SLB1972
Beginner
Message 376 of 490

Finally got a call back only to be told that it's a Yahoo server issue and it could take some time to resolve, so they'll call me back in a week!!  So that would be 11 days and counting with no email then. Is that really acceptable?  I see some people on here have had the trouble a lot longer so I'm not holding out any hope it will be fixed by then.

And telling me that lots of other people are having the same issue is of no consolation whatsoever.

I've contacted the mods on here to see if I can get any joy, but I just think the lack of communication from BT about the problem is very poor customer service.

0 Ratings
SLB1972
Beginner
Message 377 of 490

Just had a call back from the complaints department who have told me exactly the same thing as before... will get to me in a week... lots of people having the same problem.... obviously reading from the same script they've all been given.  

It is good to talk....just not to someone in the BT call centre!

0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 378 of 490

SLB1972, hey, at least you got a call with some sort of feedback, albeit not what you wanted to hear.

I can't even get someone to talk to me.  I call in, say what the problem is, am placed on a queue (where they keep telling me how great BT and its apps are), and then the line repeatedly gets dropped.

I'm also still waiting for someone from complaints to call me back.  Probably off living in cloud cuckoo land where there are no problems with their service and only happy customers.

What I don't understand is why the Moderators here are not fessing up with what the problem is.  All we get is send a message to the Moderators and we'll look into it.  They know what the problem is, and if not they shouldn't be in the role.  They cannot have so many complaints about the same problem and not be aware of what is causing these issues. 

David?

Neil?

John?

Anyone?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jonh46
Contributor
Message 379 of 490

Re: Email problem

I doubt whether you can help. I have been on to the Indian "help" call centre twice since 19/8 and had 2 attempts to reset passwords by  them following numerous attempts by me.

Been promised a call tomoorow [ wed ] at 8 am for an update. Latest call today appologised and said the problem lay with BT's supplier and would take some time to resolve.

I said I had seen several other reports of same problem and asked how many.

I think she said over 20,000 addresses.  I was in shock at this so maybe misheard.

Darn nuisance. My wife off to USA at weekend and dependent to a large extent on her email account.

John

0 Ratings
moonshine11uk
Beginner
Message 380 of 490

Hi!.....I am yet another BT user hit by this problem as most recently articulated by peejayjay and Addy. I too lost email access on Friday 19th August.

I've had the IM Chat with India and was told it would be fixed in 48 hours - it hasn't been! Then I managed to speak to a remote support person who eventually told me that I'd get a call within 24 hours. I did get that call from someone who advised that more than 3000 users have the same or similar problems. As they are reliant upon a "supplier" to fix this, no outlook could be provided for resolution. Apparently BT don't want to create false expectations!  I have been offered a progress update on Friday so we'll see what that brings!

If participation in this forum and moderator support can help get me back into my mail faster, then deal me in!!

0 Ratings