cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jjrbg
Message 381 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Excuse me Rosanna, but why are you singling me out? Why did I become a target?! I'm in the same boat as you. All I did was thank David, the mod who offered to help escalate/resolve my issue! When did I say I was getting the service I expect from BT... I clearly didn't. If you'd read my post, I too have had poor service, been affected since Friday just like you, contacted various different teams and had no luck, gone through the classic, painful process or repeated password resets and deleting of accounts, been called back st the wrong times and on the wrong number... but it doesn't aid my cause ranting on and on about it on this forum. Yes, this is clearly a massive **bleep** up from BT, but I don't think I deserve to be named by you as I dared to say thanks. Me saying thanks has nothing to do with your thread/issue. I like to think I'm more likely to have a mod help me out by saying a nice thing, as opposed to your approach of ranting and raving and shouting the loudest. But we'll see.

They're obviously drowning in tickets, and doing the best they can to reverse whatever has caused all this, the root cause probably completely out of their individual hands. The mods are trying to pick up the pieces from someone else's mistake I suspect. Yes, in my opinion they should have put in place better awareness to the India support team, a service page/tracker that shows progress fixing this fault, etc. But at the end of the day, dare I say it, it's only email. It's rarely life-and-death - so we all have to wait a few days to get to our spam, marketing junk, etc. We can always pick up the phone to those closest to us, and tell them there's a problem with my emails at the moment... After all, "it's good to talk". 😉
0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 382 of 490

jrbg, thank you for reaching out to me.

My response was not for you but gg30340 who despite reading of all of the frustrations being vented on this site picked your post to say how nice your reply to the moderator was, and how sure he was the moderators will get your problem.

My response was to highlight that others have become much less 'nice' as we are being given a continual run-around by BT but without any resolution to our problems.  What is worse, BT know what the problem is, and they also know many people will not be getting their email services back anytime soon.  But of course they will not tell you or any others here.  

I can appreciate your use of email is not overly important to you.  This is not the same for many others.  For example, my wife runs two local charities and uses her email for all communications, both in and out.  But not for the past 5 days and this is affecting the service she provides to others in need.

And before someone like gg30340 jumps on me, the charity cannot afford to have a bullet proof email system, would that they could. 

I truly hope your services are restored soon, the feedback from others here is that you will be one of the lucky ones, and you won't feel the need to get more assertive towards BT and the moderators.

R

0 Ratings
Ken8
Beginner
Message 383 of 490

Re: Can't access primary email account

Like the many others who have posted here, I am unable to access my primary email account. Following BT's recommendation, I set up a single BT ID a few weeks ago, and everything was well until last Friday. I spent over two hours on Saturday in an online chat with the BT customer services team, changed passwords etc, but ultimately got nowhere. The matter was escalated to level 2, and I received a call on Saturday advising that this was a known problem that should be resolved within the next 24 - 48 hours, which hasn't happened. Whilst I can access MyBT, I cannot now send or receive emails, nor can I access important emails stored in various BT email folders. 

I would be be grateful for some help from a moderator.

0 Ratings
jonh46
Contributor
Message 384 of 490

Re: Email problem

Total Nightmare.

Had call back to update situation, but not so The agent took control of my pc and went through everything done before many times. She seemed at a total loss and constantly referred to her supervisor and I didn’t understand much of what she said.

She said as my wife hadn’t logged on for 3 months her sub account was lost.

My wife uses email clients on laptop, ipad and phone regularly up to last week.

None of my accounts work.

The agent said there was a problem elsewhere and I would get a call back on 30/8.

This is unacceptable. I am frustrated by any attempt to contact BT is routed to an Indian call centre .

0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 385 of 490

OK, so finally had a call from someone at BT who was half sensible to talk with.

They agreed that the whole situation is an outage at the Yahoo end, which we all suspected, and they are frantically working to try and restore accounts.  BT say there are apparently 20,000 accounts affected.  I would suspect that the actual number is far higher but can understand their desire to play it down as much as possible.

What he was unable to answer was the question about why BT did not own up to this as soon as they became aware.  Instead they have tried to hide the scale of the issue by having people repeatedly go around in circles with their support team, then tier 1, tier 2, complaints departments, MODERATORS, etc etc presumably as a stalling tactic whilst they try and get the service restored.

Whilst I can understand this to a degree, what they have actually managed to overlook is the sheer volume of hours we here, and many many more not looking at this particular thread, have spent looking for a fix that doesn't exist.  The hours of stress, frustration, anger, acceptance and then having to contact everyone we regularly deal with to explain we've not just disappeared from cyberspace.

For many this has had to include family, partners, customers, suppliers, agencies, support services, other third party organisations, charities we work for or rely upon, etc etc.

Indeed, the importance of our email means many of us, including myself, have had to move to another service such as gmail to reconnect with everyone we know.  We've also had to go around all of the web sites and suppliers we regualrly use and change our contact email addresses to our new one.  I doubt many of us will go through the same exercise to change them back again once the BT service is finally restored.

Btw, the email service might be restored by Saturday, in my case that will be a week and a day since it went off.

BT, as per my earlier posts on this site, you knew of the problem, you knew the scale, you knew the potential outage period, but you chose to deny, deny, deny and instead hid behind a host of telephone and IM customer service people who had actually no way of restoring our services.  You should be ashamed of yourselves. 

0 Ratings
Rosanna
Aspiring Contributor
Message 386 of 490

john46, been there, done that, and all for nothing as the problem is nothing to do with anything at your end.
0 Ratings
HeyHey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 387 of 490

I've posted elsewhere with my situation and views on this cyclic password issue. I pay for Infinity 2 service and after being intimidated to renew my contract less than a month ago or I would be charged for BT Sport, which I have no interest in, this happens. I have wasted so much time and after using the 'moderator' facility here to no avail (I don't call being given a link to another BT fault registring page help) have been told 'it is sorted and wait 15 minutes ' by the Asian call centre - just to get rid of me, I imagine. The most recent comment from them is that it could take 2 months to sort it out! BTW, I have checked and I am on BT Mail, not Yahoo.

I hope there will be some compensation for the lack of service. It's the least they could do, as a charge for time wasted would be more appriate after being given the runaround, told blatant lies, and then finally being told it is a widespread problem that could take a very long time to sort out.

British TELECOMMUNICATIONS - the name is a farce. I too have so many contacts, friends, relatives, etc who have put out by this.

Hopefully this issue of such bad service from BT (yes, we undetrstand faults occur but this disdain for customer is what I refer to) will be registered with OFCOM, though they are about as sterile as BT itself so ntohing would probably come of it.

0 Ratings
peejayjay
Beginner
Message 388 of 490

Having contacted the moderators - for which thanks - and been sent an email with an incident number, is anyone able to advise how long it might be before one receives some follow-up on their issue? I appreciate that there are clearly a large number of people with this issue, so some clarity on timing would be helpful, if possible.

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 389 of 490

Hi

i have managed to move some websites to a non BT email but I have umpteen passwords to try and remember and occasional I get one wrong. Unfortunately when you request a password reset the email is sent to the email I used to register, in this case the BT ones. So until this is sorted I can't access those sites.

Not sure if this would benefit anyone or whether anyone would want to but I hadn't used the full 11 email address we are allowed and found I could create a new one which does work. Just checking and not going to use it in case the new goes awol.

regards

Ade

0 Ratings
angelstar28
Message 390 of 490

Hi there, I appreciate your reply. I am in the process of setting up my domain for email and website - not having the technical knowledge to do so I need help and my brother has been on holiday. It is a community based venture and my emails will be directed to my BT account as I was confident in my service. Was. My superfast got activated last Tuesday so very disappointing for this to now happen. I can't set up everything yet until this is sorted.
0 Ratings