Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

I also am stuck in the locked out loop even via webmail

can one of the moderators give me a contact so i can unlooped

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 472 of 490

Hi @leesedj,

Thanks for posting. Have you followed the help posted by @gg30340 in message 468 on this thread?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
leesedj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 473 of 490

HI David

Yes I have checked the post about the POP and IMAP settings and I have removed the btinternet logon from my Android Devices. BUT (there is a but) for ease i normally use webmail and have exactly the same issue of the locked out of email loop.

I have also used IE, Edge, Firefox and Opera to try and logon to no avail.

I have just tried again again still the same it appears to take the password change, then the security question, tick box, next,wait and logon again and its still the same

Any Ideas ?

Davr

0 Ratings
leesedj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 474 of 490

Hi David

After trying the password reset using Opera via a vpn

It took the reset and it now works

Dave

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 475 of 490

Similar problem this morning, I can't access email via Thunderbird, getting the password error.

Usually logging into Yahoo fixes this.

https://login.yahoo.com

but this morning that link is re-directing to a BT page.

0 Ratings
MacBraveheart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 476 of 490

I too have this dreaded password reset loop, and have had it for three or so years now.

It has not previously been as bad as it has been earlier this year and since 8th March 2017, when nothing will help in resetting the password and leading to the too many attempts lock-out for hours and HOURS on end (and, yes, I do close all BT browser windows and don't have my ONLY mail programme open).

Last year I was helped by telephone and was promised that this would not happen again.

Well-  that was not true.  Because now there is nothing at ALL that I can do to regain access.  And the BT Chat with a level 1 results in being told that I have to wait for a call-back from a level 2, because even BT is unable to reset the password and get me in.  While in BT Chat I was constantly asked to provide information I had explained I couldn't provide, due to not being able to sign into my BT account at all.  Frustratingly-  when I was asked to verify myself and provide my address I was told it was wrong (until I typed it in all capitals?!) etc etc.  It really seems that BT Chat doesn't truly know what they are doing and it is very stressful.

Apparently I did get a callback from level 2 staff but I was on a business call at the time.  As a result I was sent NINE text messages to advise me that BT will try again tomorrow.  I am not holding my breath as they will probably call while I am at work.

srjp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 477 of 490

Similar here, had awful problems last year acessing emails on phone and outlook, the soution in the end was changing password.  The same happened last night and have had to change password again.  Any idea why this needs to been done?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 478 of 490

@srjp wrote:

Any idea why this needs to been done?

Because the BT mail team are under the mistaken belief that forcing a password change after somebody has attempted to access an account using an incorrect password multiple times is somehow a security feature!!!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 479 of 490

@licquorice wrote:

@srjp wrote:

Any idea why this needs to been done?

Because the BT mail team are under the mistaken belief that forcing a password change after somebody has attempted to access an account using an incorrect password multiple times is somehow a security feature!!!

They would be better employed introducing two factor authentication like most modern email systems use.

0 Ratings
Roboman
Contributor
Message 480 of 490

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

I hope this is the right thread but I am again stuck in a BT - Yahoo loop when trying to log into my emails.   This is a recurring problem and solutions given to me by BT have only worked for  limited period and now are no longer effective.   I try signing in via Yahho.com or Yahoo mail and this now leads to the BT sign-in.   I do this and it leads to a page which asks if I want to continue or go back. I continue and then go to a BT page where I can click to view emails.   Here comes the loop - it takes me back to the BT sign in - or now a continuous message that there is a problem!

I have tried logging out of my BT and then seraching for Yahho Mail to sign in but this still takes me to the BT sign in and ...on we go round again.   This was the original solution given to me via a BT Phone call but now it doesn't work.  

This is very frustrating and has been a long running problem.    After many, many years I am now seriously thinking of bitting the bullet and finding a new provider and to change my emails etc.

Can someone tell me what is going on and if there is a permanent solution

Many thanks

0 Ratings