cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olon1968
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 490

Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I became unable to access my bt email about a week ago. I use webmail only and last week while logging in normally I was was aked to confirm my BT ID which I did but since then when I login using  https://www.bt.com/btmail , the screen simply refreshes. Resetting the password has been unsucessful. Tried the live chat help - they tell me its a level 2 problem and to wait for a phone call but no phone call has been received. Really grateful for any advice - desperately need access to important emails.

Thanks

0 Ratings
489 REPLIES 489
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

0 Ratings
olon1968
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 490

First link sends me on a Confirm your ID "Journey" which eventually send my to "my BT" but the email tab just loops back to the begining of the process.

The second is a page not found (404) error screen.

0 Ratings
olon1968
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 490

Please could one of the moderators look at this asap. I have been let down by all the other BT help services and I need access to email very urgently.

Thank You.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 490

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take twenty four hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 490

Hi @olon1968,

We will be able to look into it for you. I've made the link available to you under my profile at "DanielS". It's on the left hand side in the about me section under contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 490

I have exactly the same problem with the looping  - 1 1/2 hours on the phone to India this morning - no solution. They told me it will take 48 hours to get back to me. Won't let me speak to anyone in the UK. Not happy at all.

Thinking of quitting BT  as this is the second problem I have had in a week - they cut off my BT Talk line and took a day to restore it.

What really makes me mad is BT will not accept that the problem is at their end. I am a chartered engineer and I know how to check my apparatus at this end. However we must always go through the damned script which wastes hours

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 490

Hi @tonyk77,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've made the link available to you the same way I did for @olon1968. Can you do the same so that we can look into it for you?

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 490

I have sent the relevant information. If you are replying off the forum please use my freeserve address as of course the BT one won't work at the moment!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 490

Thanks @tonyk77.

I've changed the contact email address to the one you mentioned and I've added a note so the person who picks it up knows that it's your BT email that you need help with. Saves anyone making a mistake Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings