cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 431 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

just had another support call from India. Was on the phone for another hour with them trying to reset the password but getting nowhere.

Then she tells me that my account has been deactivated by yahoo due to abuse...

This is unknown to me and never got any prior warning. I've had this email address for nearly 10 years and have some important emails. I really need access it.

She then tells me that BT cant do anything about it due to the platform being Yahoo. I never signed up for a Yahoo account, I signed up for a BT account. BT should be able to offer me full support.

Sorry for the rant but I'm **bleep** raging. No wonder so many people I know are leaving BT.

Is there possibly anything that any Mods on here can do?

Sick and tired of getting help from India when there is clearly a language barrier.

0 Ratings
Message 432 of 490

Hi @quabba,

If they're saying the email has been removed there may be no way for us to get it back. However; I always believe it's worth trying. I've made the link available to you under my profile. Click on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us about 3-5 working days before we can pick it up.

Thanks

DanielS

quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 433 of 490

Thanks DanielS.

I've filled in the form.

Surely BT must back up the data and it can be restored if necessary. Do BT have the right to just delete my data?

I thought I would have at least got a warning first.

Gary

0 Ratings
Message 434 of 490

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

If you have identified it as an issue how come the technicians I recently dealt with hadn't got a clue. All they needed to tell me is "Sorry, we have identified this as an issue and we are working on it. Meanwhile, here is a work-around".

Instead they wasted my time with a brute-force number of attempts, one of which eventually got through.

Yes, you can take it that I want a solution. As an IT Professional and programmer I reckon this should take you two days maximum to fix after discovering.

Frankly, why does BT support treat each incident as if it is the first time it has happened? I could have lived with "We are awaiting a fix" and saved an hour of my life.

quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 435 of 490

This saga just goes on and on.

Received a call from India yesterday about 12pm asking me if I'm still having problems with my email as they thought it was fixed. Told Buta that it wasn't fixed and I had already raised a formal complaint with BT regarding this. I also told her that I was expecting a Manager (wishful thinking I know) to call me between 6 and 8pm.

She then went through the normal reading from a script, changing passwords and other stuff. Took around 40 minutes or so. Wanted to take control of my PC ( I said no as I'm an IT systems manager and know the stuff she was going to try), she then said she has checked settings and said account had been deactivated due to abuse by Yahoo. I explained I've already been told this and BT should really communicate between departments better.

At this point I'm raging again as another hour nearly wasted and still no further forward. Anyway she hangs up after being no help whatsoever.

Well, you can guess what happens next right....

6pm comes and goes, 8pm comes and goes and no phone call. BT really are turning into a farcical company now in my view.

I work in IT and would be sacked if it took me over a week to get someone's email back up and running. In fact, I wouldn't get that long if it was a customers account.

Absolutely shocking service once again...

0 Ratings
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 436 of 490

@PaddyB or @DanielS any news on my fault yet.

It's been over a week now

0 Ratings
Message 437 of 490

Hi @quabba,

There is a delay picking up emails at the moment as I mentioned in my last post. It can take 3-5 working days. I have checked the queue and can see that you're one of the next to be picked up.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 438 of 490

Ok Thanks @DanielS. I didnt mean that to sound disrespctful, just that this issue is quite serious for me and alot of other forum members.

Thanks for the help

0 Ratings
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 439 of 490

Another phone call from India telling me what I already know. Poor guy, had a right go at him.

He's promised a phone call from his manager tomorrow between 2pm and 4pm.

This is another phone call I know won't come.

Shambles
0 Ratings
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 440 of 490

He told me bt don't do data backups. Surely that can't be true
0 Ratings