cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 461 of 490

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

I had this problem but it now seems to be resolved. The problem is that since it was resolved email is now unresponsive due to using over 100% of my CPU and I simply cannot use it. Great fix, so now can you fix this issue!!!

0 Ratings
Message 462 of 490

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Same problem  Same lack of support.  

Best advice is to go to another email service provider for your emails.  I know its a real pain (particularly if you have multiple bt addresses), but the last failure in security was not the first and their failure to answer chat or support (did you get a hyperlink for a freephone, which actually only takes you to the generic problems page and if you select email problems and then password problems, you end up back where you started to begin the loop again?)

0 Ratings
Lorranded
Message 463 of 490

I can't reset my password even though I know its correct. However it won't accept myother maiden name. I know this is correct. Please help
0 Ratings
Lorranded
Message 464 of 490

For crying out loud. Message at the top of the screen advises an email has been sent to me. As explained. I CAN'T GET INTO MY EMAIL
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 465 of 490

I doubt the computer that auto-generated the message was aware of that.

Have you tried Live Chat to resolve the problem?

0 Ratings
jordanpm
Message 466 of 490

I also have been unable to login to BT Yahoo web mail since about 19th Feb. The Email Icon on the BT banner takes me to the standard logon on page. If incorrect credentials are entered they are rejected as normal. If teh correct user name and password are entered to page re-directs to https://mg.mail.yahoo.com

This URL may be longer if you have cookies set. That URL never serves a web page no matter how long you leave it to load. This applies regardless of the browser or device used on my BT Broadband connection.

The URL resolves to a number of IP addresses and I can ping each of the IPv4 addresses.

Interestingly if I set up a VPN tunnel to the USA and try the URL it loads no trouble.

I conclude that there is a filter on that domain applied somewhere between BT and the USA.

Until this problem can be fixed I suggest accessing your email using an email client like Outlook for Windows or the mail program on your phone. If you changed your password when the problem first occured remember to use that new password when configuring your email program.

0 Ratings
MarquisJ
Message 467 of 490

I seem to be affected by this. I use Outlook on my laptop and phone, both asking for password constantly. Only way i can get email at the moment is through web mail which is awful. Please help. I rried using the chat option, ridiculous!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 468 of 490

Have you checked that you have the correct settings in Outlook.

If you are on the BTMail sysyem use the BT ones.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

If you are on BTYahoo email system try the Yahoo settings.

POP3 settings

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html

IMAP settings

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

0 Ratings
Jockmcplop1
Message 469 of 490

I too am having issues accessing by mail on my iPhone. Help
0 Ratings
MarquisJ
Message 470 of 490

Thank you for youre help. Very much appreciated.

0 Ratings