cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Locked out of email due to suspicious activity

I have been unable to access my btinternet.com email address as some suspicious activity has supposedly been detected.  I've had this email account for nearly 25 years and it's used for important stuff so I really need it.  I can't log in or reset my password as it's saying some of the security info provided is incorrect.  I know my DOB and the answer to the security question are correct, so that only leaves the postcode.  I'm fairly certain the postcode I'm entering is also correct.  If I click on 'I don't know security details' it gives me a phone number to call.  However, the first thing I'm asked to do is enter the phone number I'm calling about.  I'm not calling about a phone line and don't have a BT phoneline, broadband or anything else.  How can I get access to my email account?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Locked out of email due to suspicious activity

Have you tried the "Forgotten Log On Details" on the log on page?

If you have and it is not working for you call BT 0330.1234.150 and ask for a password reset on your email account. You will need to answer some security questions and  if you are unable to answer them they may end up sending a PIN to your phone number that you have registered in your MyBT so make sure that it is up to date.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I have tried these but the number you provided also requests that I enter the phone number I'm calling about.  I don't have a BT phone number.  IS there a number I can call where I can just talk to a person?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@muherdon wrote:

I have tried these but the number you provided also requests that I enter the phone number I'm calling about.  I don't have a BT phone number.  IS there a number I can call where I can just talk to a person?

Did you not read my post?

"Have you tried the "Forgotten Log On Details" on the log on page?

If you have and it is not working for you call BT 0330.1234.150 and ask for a password reset on your email account".

0 Ratings